It must be that time of year because in the past week I’ve read about Everything Everywhere‘s 5 year travel anniversary and the two year blog anniversaries of Over Yonderlust and LandLopers. And here I am, at my three year anniversary of my first, albeit boring, post on Caroline in the City. On my first blog anniversary, I was sitting in the front row of a fashion show at Charleston Fashion Week. On my second blog anniversary, I was working in Sydney, Australia. This year, I am going to see travel writer Frances Mayes speak about her new book, The Tuscan Sun Cookbook, at the Atlanta History Center. Things just keep getting better and better each year and I can’t wait to see what the next year has in store for me and this website.
In the last year
- 33,364 page views in 2011, which is way up from 2,337 in 2010
- 93 blog posts
- 1,353 Twitter followers
- 259 Facebook fans
- I started a semi-monthly newsletter
- 963,490 global Alexa ranking
The Blogging Nitty Gritty
- most page views per day: 1,769 on July 25, also the busiest month
- most commented post: 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel
- most viewed post: The Australian Adventure: Six Months In at 1,826
- top 5 countries of readers: USA, Australia, UK, Canada, Serbia
- top 5 search engine terms: turning 23, caroline in the city, caroline in the city blog, turning 24, plane tattoo
- 1 country, Australia, covering 6 states and territories
- 8 states in the USA, including Hawaii, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi and Arkansas
- was overseas continuously for ten months, my longest trip to date
- I made some amazing friends while in Australia, some involved in the blogging community and some not
- I bungy jumped from a 162 foot (50 meter) platform in Cairns, Australia
- I received my open water scuba diving certification in the Great Barrier Reef
- I returned home to Georgia to start job hunting before my next adventure
- I became a contributor for Her Packing List as well as being published on Matador Network, World Nomads and the Flight Centre UK blog, among others
In the next year
- redesign blog to suit my personality
- visit friends in Germany and Austria
- expand freelance writing career
And to thank my lovely readers, my “blog evangelists,” if you will, I’m running a giveaway from the nice folks at PrintRunner. I’m giving away 100 5×7 inch postcards with the design of your choosing! And they’re also giving me a set of postcards to send thank you notes to you guys for reading. PrintRunner is your convenient online printing services resource. Check out their site and print postcards. Be sure to follow them on Twitter and Like them on Facebook. Need ideas for what to put on them? How about your blog’s logo or your favorite travel photos? They are ideal for sending friends while you’re traveling or as a thank you note for a Couch Surfing host.
The fine print: This giveaway is open only to US residents aged 18 and older. Postcards are 4/0 front only printing on 14 pt. UV coating on front with rounded corners. They will be ready to ship in 4 business days, without a proof. I will pick a random commenter using random.org, who will be the winner of the giveaway.
*Disclaimer: I received these products from the sponsor of the giveaway without compensation, but was provided a set of free postcards of my own. As always, my opinions are my own.