I’ve been in New York for the past week and I’m already off again with just enough time to drop off my bags, repack and return to the airport for Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I spoke with the lovely folks from Baton Rouge at TBEX in Toronto a few months ago, so when they invited me down for their Fete Rouge food and wine festival, it was a no-brainer!
via Visit Baton Rouge
I love all things food, wine and South, so it’s a great opportunity to gain content for both this site and This Is My South. So what’s on the itinerary for my weekend in Baton Rouge?
- Attending the Fete Rouge main event, where local chefs will be bringing their best dishes to compete against one another.
- Breakfast at Louie’s Cafe, a local diner beloved by generations of Louisiana State University students.
- A visit to the Red Stick Farmer’s Market, which brings in fresh produce from farmers throughout the state.
- Lunch and a tour at Tony’s Seafood Market, the largest seafood market in Louisiana.
- Chillin’ and Grillin’ event at White Oak Plantation
- Beer brunch at Doe’s Eat Place featuring Chef Jay Ducote of Bite and Booze and Tin Roof Brewing Company.