Top Menu

Where I’m Going in 2015

where i'm going

I hardly any concrete travel plans as of today, but I know that will change. I’m leaving my year open to possibilities, because I’ve been pleasantly surprised thus far! I hope for another opportunity like Malaysia, which was unexpected and amazing. But here are the few places on my radar for 2015, apart from my Atlanta adventures.

Definitely

where i'm going in 2015

New York City– The first trip of the year begins at the end of January, where I’ll be giving myself an extra day to see friends like Lauren, Frank and Kelsi (and hopefully Jackie and Katka!) before hustling through a week of work. I assume I’ll be eating all the delicious food again, especially some bagels. My time here is always too short. I just hope I don’t get caught in a snowstorm again.

where i'm going in 2015

San Francisco– My first surprise trip of the year is working a third trade show in February in my company’s headquarters of San Francisco, California. I was last there back in 2012 with my bestie Scotti, where we watched her brother cycle across the Golden Gate Bridge to start a journey across the country. This time it will mostly be work, but I hope to spend a bit of time exploring and eating all the good foods, not to mention drinking the Napa wines!

Photo: Kevin Dooley

Oklahoma and Arkansas– My dad is going to be competing in a national fishing championship (currently second in the state!) in Grove, Oklahoma. While he’s fishing, I’ll be exploring the area, including nearby Bentonville, Arkansas, home to the Wal-Mart headquarters and Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art. I’m excited to check a few new states off my list. Let me know if you have any recommendations for the area!

where i'm going in 2015

Charleston– It’s been quite some time since I’ve been in my former home. But in May, I’ll be attending my five year college reunion with Scotti and some college pals. I hope to spend a long weekend there researching a few places for an e-book for This Is My South and going back to my favorite haunts.

Maybe

where i'm going in 2015

Louisiana– If there’s one Southern state I can’t get enough of, it’s Louisiana. I went to New Orleans back in 2012 and Baton Rouge in 2013. This year, I hope to make it to regions I haven’t previously visited like Shreveport, Lake Charles and Lafayette.

where i'm going in 2015

Tennessee– I haven’t visited Nashville since starting This Is My South, so I need to update my information. I’d also like to go back to Chattanooga for a few days and make it to Memphis if I can! A visit to a friend in Knoxville may also be in order.

Possibly

where i'm going in 2015

London– I try to make it to one of my favorite cities every few years but haven’t been now since 2012. This family trip may come together for the summertime but isn’t set in stone yet. I’d like to catch up with some blogger friends (Flora! Brenna! Beverley!) and catch an Eating London tour.

Photo: Boccaccio1

Trans-Siberian Railway– This has always been a dream trip of mine and now BusAbout, one of my favorite tour operators, is running their own itinerary starting this September. They organize details like trains and accommodation and you cover your own visas and meals, not to mention vodka. It runs from Saint Petersburg (Russia) through Mongolia to China.

Photo: dorena-wm

South Africa– This stunning country has always been on my radar and recent trips from bloggers and friends have only fueled this. I’m dying to head to the top of Table Mountain, eat bunny chow and drink some famous South African wines.

Where are you going in 2015?

Mentioned in this post

6. Shreveport
    City in Louisiana

Shreveport Louisiana
  7. London
    City in United Kingdom

London United Kingdom
  8. Saint Petersburg (Russia)
    City in Russia

St Petersburg Russia

, , , , , , , , , ,

16 Responses to Where I’m Going in 2015

1. Rebecca Gallo January 6, 2015 at 9:24 am #

I’m off to Nicaragua on Thursday to live with a family and learn Spanish for a week:) Just booked it yesterday. Wishing you wonderful travel adventures in 2015!

2. Ali January 6, 2015 at 10:18 am #

Sounds like a great year! The Busabout Trans Siberian trip sounds interesting. The Trans Siberian is on Andy’s list, so we’ll get to it eventually.

As always, let me know if your plans change and you end up in Germany!

3. Jackie D January 6, 2015 at 10:51 am #

Excited to see ya in New York again!

4. Flora January 6, 2015 at 1:43 pm #

Yessss you have to come to London!! Then we can actually hang for longer than last time -which a) wasn’t enough and b) must’ve been in 2012?! Ridiculous..

Also the Trans-Siberian has been on my list for ages (although I’m less keen now with the situation in Russia..) – excited to see how that one turns out!

5. Sky January 7, 2015 at 9:42 pm #

2015 is the year of Central America for me! I fly to Costa Rica tomorrow.

South Africa is pretty high on my list too…crossing my fingers you get to go this year!

• Caroline January 10, 2015 at 11:13 pm #

Can’t wait to hear about it, Sky!

6. Bridget @ A Traveling B January 8, 2015 at 10:53 pm #

South Africa is high on my list this year too as well as a return trip to Austin which is one of my favorite southern cities (after Charleston!). The Trans-Siberian Railway is something I would love to do too!

• Caroline January 10, 2015 at 11:14 pm #

Thanks for commenting, Bridget!

7. carolineb January 18, 2015 at 11:16 pm #

I am also going to Oklahoma! OKC at the end of January–not the sexiest destination, but three of my favorite people in the universe will be there and I’ll hit 2-3 new states. 4 if I’m feeling one with the road.

Peru next summer with a coworker.

San Francisco on spring break? Exploring more of my adopted state of Minnesota next fall? Boston if I can find the time/money?

• Caroline January 19, 2015 at 4:59 pm #

Lots of exciting places, Caroline! I’m excited to see more of the US myself. Thanks for reading!

8. Sarah January 19, 2015 at 12:47 pm #

I hope you do make it to South Africa! It’s been on my mind too lately. I’ve only been to Jo’burg and would love to discover more. Your definite plans sound good! San Francisco seems like a fascinating place!

9. Rebecca January 19, 2015 at 10:19 pm #

South Africa has been on my wish list for year, but right now it’s just too far from the west coast.

YAY for San Francisco! If you want to hit the next hot wine spot, skip Napa (over run and WAY! over priced) and lets hit Livermore! Give me a buzz if you want to hang out!

10. Polly January 21, 2015 at 3:36 am #

While you’re in northwest Arkansas, check out Eureka Springs! It’s the best day trip in the area. Branson is interesting as well, kind of like a Middle America Vegas for grandparents.

• Caroline January 21, 2015 at 8:11 am #

Thanks, Polly! I’ve heard that about Eureka Springs, so I’m definitely adding it to the list! Thanks for reading.