Tweet I’m always looking for unique local experiences when I travel and my trip to Melbourne was no different. While I had some bad luck the last time around, I was excited to try again and see the city in a different way. When I read about Melbourne Urban Adventures’ nighttime kayaking tour of the […]
Archive | adventure RSS feed for this section
Tweet When planning my trip back to Sydney, I knew I wanted to take Sammi to the Blue Mountains for a day hike. She’s the outdoorsy one of the three of us, plus I wanted her to see the famed Three Sisters. We looked at a number of options, but really wanted the flexibility of […]
TweetI’ve told you all where I’m going, but there’s so much that goes into a trip like this. Traveling for three months means you have to be prepared for anything and the places I’ll be visiting need visas and vaccinations. This trip has been two years in the making, so now it’s time to finalize […]
TweetI alluded to an upcoming trip to Australia and Asia when I talked about my upcoming year in travel, but now it’s official. I’m going back to Australia. It’s a day I’ve been thinking about ever since I left Sydney on December 1, 2011. And this time, I’m taking my sister Sammi along with me. […]
TweetA man chases a green flash, bounding through the forest. He doesn’t let the iguana out of his sight and doesn’t want to miss the chance for a nice dinner, as it is a common source of protein in this part of Mexico. It slithers through the leaves quickly, but the man won’t be outsmarted […]
Tweet We all have one (or many) places we’ve always dreamed of going or experiences we want to try. It’s the picture framed in our bedrooms, our screensaver on our computers or the “most pinned” image on our Pinterest boards. It seems like something you will do “someday,” when the time is right. But if […]
Tweet I’ve been skinny for most of my life until the last four or five years. I developed cushioning in places I never had it before, namely on my hips. I’m not overly self conscious about my appearances, but I certainly think I have work to do in terms of getting in shape. I’m not […]
Tweet My wake up call comes at 5:30 am. I was so excited that I barely slept and I laid out my clothes and camera in advance. I was picked up by the folks of Royal Balloon, where I was served a full breakfast before we headed out to the launch point. There are few experiences […]
TweetThis is the second installment in a series about my experiences traveling through Turkey with BusAbout. For part 1, which covers the overland Turkey Adventure, see this post. Before I even thought about traveling overland through Turkey, I knew I wanted to sail there. I had heard about the Sail Turkey trip that BusAbout offered […]
Tweet When I was planning my trip for this season, I knew I wanted to go to Turkey but didn’t know how to go about it. This was another trip where I felt more comfortable joining a tour rather than traveling alone. Once I saw that BusAbout, one of my favorite tour companies, offered a […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Sunset Kayaking in Melbourne April 22, 2014
- An Education in Australian Wildlife at Taronga Zoo April 18, 2014
- Tune Hotels: A La Carte Luxury April 17, 2014
- Tasting Melbourne’s Coffee Culture April 15, 2014
- Visiting the Blue Mountains Independently April 10, 2014
- Beverley | Pack Your Passport: So glad you enjoyed this Caroline! I did this exac...
- Rashaad: Congratulations! I've actually completed two half...
- Cologne Tourist Attractions / Travel Guide / Tips / Blog: […] Cologne’s Kolsch Experience […]...
- The Guy: I've stayed in a lot of Melbourne hotels and inde...
- Beverley | Pack Your Passport: Aw I never went to any of these places while I was...