TweetJudging by some Instagram accounts, you’d think the world is full of delicious things and travelers always eat well. I’m here to set the record straight and say that is not true. Not only have I had food poisoning overseas, but I’ve ordered things without having a clue what they were. Sometimes I’ve been glad I […]
Archive | adventure RSS feed for this section
TweetSoutheast Asia is a part of the world where you can have experiences you won’t find anywhere else. The colors are brighter, the flavors are stronger and the history is older. The parties are even crazier, lasting all night and bringing in travelers from every corner of the globe. Only you can decide what kind […]
Tweet Photo Credit: Ezry Abdul Rahman Didn’t I just get back from Asia? Yes, I’ve been asked that a few times since telling people my big news and you’re probably asking yourself the same question. But sometimes exciting things come along, no matter what the timing. I had my schedule clear of travel apart from […]
Tweet The three months my sister and I spent in Australia, Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam are ones I’ll never forget. The food was unlike anything I’d ever tasted and the people were so friendly. I also got to meet some new friends, catch up with old ones and give back to the wildlife. Here is […]
Tweet Something I’ve struggled with for as long as I’ve been traveling is having it all: both a close relationship with my friends and family and the thick skin required to travel the world solo. I find myself justifying my extended jaunts because “no one really notices when I’m not there” and that I’m not […]
Tweet When I decided to add Darwin to my itinerary, I immediately started looking for tour companies that led trips to the national parks, Kakadu and Litchfield. There are lots of tour companies that range in levels of luxury and in length of trips, but many didn’t operate during the rainy season at all. Thankfully, […]
Tweet Australia makes me do stupid adventurous things. If I can say one thing about my time spent in Australia, both in 2011 and now in 2014, is that it’s been exciting. It started with sleeping in the open in the Outback with dingoes roaming around nearby. Then the riding a motorcycle through rural Queensland. And […]
Tweet I’m always looking for unique local experiences when I travel and my trip to Melbourne was no different. While I had some bad luck the last time around, I was excited to try again and see the city in a different way. When I read about Melbourne Urban Adventures’ nighttime kayaking tour of the […]
Tweet When planning my trip back to Sydney, I knew I wanted to take Sammi to the Blue Mountains for a day hike. She’s the outdoorsy one of the three of us, plus I wanted her to see the famed Three Sisters. We looked at a number of options, but really wanted the flexibility of […]
TweetI’ve told you all where I’m going, but there’s so much that goes into a trip like this. Traveling for three months means you have to be prepared for anything and the places I’ll be visiting need visas and vaccinations. This trip has been two years in the making, so now it’s time to finalize […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Photo Friday: Oxford, Mississippi November 27, 2015
- Warming Up with Stanley Brand (+ Holiday Cocktail Recipes!) November 24, 2015
- Caroline in the City Guide to San Francisco November 19, 2015
- Behind the Curtain: November 2015 November 17, 2015
- Photo Friday: Boone, North Carolina November 13, 2015
- KareninCalabria: Nice post. I was in Oxford for a weekend a number ...
- Vivian Caldwell: Great list! Long scarf is "must" for Turkey. Fir...
- When do you recommend travel insurance for women? - Her Packing List: […] coup could erupt, a volcano could spew a...
- Liz Stark: So much food for thought here and a great, thoroug...
- paulbroad: Thanks for sharing some wonderful sights of your t...