TweetI’ve always been fascinated with abandoned spaces since the first time I saw the run down family home on my grandmother’s street in Adairsville, Georgia. What makes these places become abandoned? Who forgot about them? What did they leave behind? I’m in love with the stories and have even created an Abandoned Spaces Pinterest board, […]
Archive | americana RSS feed for this section
Tweet Chickamauga Battlefield I forgot all about these pictures until I started compiling them for a future post about small Southern towns. Two summers ago, my sister Sammi and I took a day trip to Chattanooga, TN. We wanted to do something fun before going to our separate schools. It had been years since we had […]
Tweet Plymouth may just be the most anticlimactic American monument in existence. The rock itself is in a gazebo surrounded by a fence and couldn’t be bigger than four by five feet tops. The fake rock we made for my third grade Thanksgiving play was more impressive. I couldn’t find the epic picture of my third grade […]
Tweet Dock House You probably already knew (by bajillions of posts) that I love Bowen’s Island Restaurant. What you may not know is that after a fire in 2006, they are rebuilding to LEED standards. More on that later. On Sunday, my parents and I drove out there so I could show them the progress, as […]
TweetI have lots of news and pictures from this weekend coming up, but I wanted to start this week with one of many items checked off my Charleston list: eating at Jack’s Cosmic Dogs. This place had me feeling retro, so I edited the photos in Picnik to match. If you didn’t know already, Alton Brown freaking adores […]
TweetHello Hollywood, I’m ready for my close up. No, not that Hollywood. Hollywood, SC, another spot for TV and film. I woke up early and made the trek out to Hollywood Studios for the taping of Chef Bob Waggoner of Charleston Grill‘s show “U Cook with Chef Bob.” My video production professor is the director […]
TweetWhile I was at home, I took a day trip to Adairsville, about 45 minutes outside Atlanta. My grandparents bought and refurbished a farm house there almost 20 years ago and now have their own garden and make their own salsa. Here are a few pictures I took while there on my mom’s Nikon D90. […]
Tweet I know this is a rather bold statement to make, but if you’ve been there, you know. It’s not about the ambiance or the culinary pizzazz, but the simple life. The art of doing nothing but drinking a beer, eating some seafood, and watching the sun set on the marsh. I decided to post […]
TweetI don’t know what it is, but I love the kitschiest places. I look up these bizarre sights for any drive I take. Maybe it’s the oddity or maybe the Americana, but I enjoy it. I usually find them on Roadside America. Others are from The Great American Road Trip by Eric Peterson. Here are […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Photo Essay: The Great Ocean Road February 21, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Disappointment at Pamukkale December 6, 2013
- An American in Gallipoli December 5, 2013
- The Tombs of Myra December 3, 2013
- Photo Friday: Blue Mosque at Night November 29, 2013
- Thankful List 2013 November 28, 2013
- Annie@GreenTravelReviews: Fit's perfectly! I was hoping to go to Hawaii thi...
- Top Travel Blogs: #SeeTheWorld Creation Curation – Part II: […] The Art of the Day Trip by Caroline in t...
- Jamie S.: I have never been to Australia but reading your po...
- Lou: I have never been to Brighton Beach, but I had bee...
- Link Love (1) | Sky vs World: […] a different note, Caroline from Caroline...