Tweet Two weeks ago, I joined my mom and sister for a road trip up to Asheville, North Carolina. My sister’s friend was getting married and I wasn’t doing anything, so I decided to tag along. I’m not much of a mountain girl, but I always love spending time in Asheville. I hoped to swing […]
Archive | Asheville RSS feed for this section
Tweet Asheville, North Carolina is known as Beer City USA for having the most breweries per capita. Big name breweries like Sierra Nevada and New Belgium have recently added operations on the East Coast with Oskar Blues making plans to do the same. The best places to drink in Asheville are at the tasting rooms […]
Tweet Sammi warned Rachel and I before we left that there would be a festival going on while we were there. I didn’t think much of it at the time, but once we arrived, we discovered that the Bele Chere Festival is one of Asheville’s biggest, with free concerts, artists and craftsmen and hundreds of […]
Tweet When my sister Rachel and I decided to go visit our other sister Sammi in Asheville, I knew I wanted to test out another hostel there. I decided on Sweet Peas Hostel, a new spot in the middle of town. When we arrived, we were surprised to hear that the hostel was booked in […]
Tweet In all my time living in the South, I had somehow missed Asheville. I had heard how beautiful it was, but never got around to it. Last summer, my family was all in different places. I was interning in Charleston, Sammi was working at a summer camp outside of Asheville and Rachel and the […]
Tweet Restaurants Tupelo Honey Cafe: This College St. classic is home to upscale Southern food. You may have to wait for a while, but it is worth it. They serve breakfast all day, along with having Southern staples with a twist like grits cakes with salsa, blackened catfish, or a chicken sandwich with cranberry sauce. […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Photo Friday: Oxford, Mississippi November 27, 2015
- Warming Up with Stanley Brand (+ Holiday Cocktail Recipes!) November 24, 2015
- Caroline in the City Guide to San Francisco November 19, 2015
- Behind the Curtain: November 2015 November 17, 2015
- Photo Friday: Boone, North Carolina November 13, 2015
- Vivian Caldwell: Great list! Long scarf is "must" for Turkey. Fir...
- When do you recommend travel insurance for women? - Her Packing List: […] coup could erupt, a volcano could spew a...
- Liz Stark: So much food for thought here and a great, thoroug...
- paulbroad: Thanks for sharing some wonderful sights of your t...
- Caroline: Thanks, Celine!...