Tweet Two weeks ago, I joined my mom and sister for a road trip up to Asheville, North Carolina. My sister’s friend was getting married and I wasn’t doing anything, so I decided to tag along. I’m not much of a mountain girl, but I always love spending time in Asheville. I hoped to swing […]
Archive | Asheville RSS feed for this section
Tweet Asheville, North Carolina is known as Beer City USA for having the most breweries per capita. Big name breweries like Sierra Nevada and New Belgium have recently added operations on the East Coast with Oskar Blues making plans to do the same. The best places to drink in Asheville are at the tasting rooms […]
Tweet Sammi warned Rachel and I before we left that there would be a festival going on while we were there. I didn’t think much of it at the time, but once we arrived, we discovered that the Bele Chere Festival is one of Asheville’s biggest, with free concerts, artists and craftsmen and hundreds of […]
Tweet When my sister Rachel and I decided to go visit our other sister Sammi in Asheville, I knew I wanted to test out another hostel there. I decided on Sweet Peas Hostel, a new spot in the middle of town. When we arrived, we were surprised to hear that the hostel was booked in […]
Tweet In all my time living in the South, I had somehow missed Asheville. I had heard how beautiful it was, but never got around to it. Last summer, my family was all in different places. I was interning in Charleston, Sammi was working at a summer camp outside of Asheville and Rachel and the […]
Tweet Restaurants Tupelo Honey Cafe: This College St. classic is home to upscale Southern food. You may have to wait for a while, but it is worth it. They serve breakfast all day, along with having Southern staples with a twist like grits cakes with salsa, blackened catfish, or a chicken sandwich with cranberry sauce. […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Where I’ve Been Lately June 30, 2015
- On Charleston, Tragedies and Community June 26, 2015
- Photo Friday: Charleston, South Carolina June 5, 2015
- Adventures in Eating Overseas June 4, 2015
- Travel Writing Round Up [June 2015] June 2, 2015
- Caroline: Thanks for reading, Robyn. There aren't official ...
- Edna: When are you in London?? I'll be there in August!...
- Robyn Mason: Hello Caroline, May I ask if there are guided tou...
- Palash Ghosh: Halong Bay was a beautiful place to take rest afte...
- Jayne: Sounds exciting! My blog goes a bit quiet too when...