TweetWe all love a carefully concocted beverage. For me, it was always beer, but as I’ve grown older, I’ve appreciated the art of mixology even more. Atlanta has a surprising cocktail culture for being the land of sweet tea and Coca-Cola. I made it my mission to check out some of the city’s best cocktail […]
Archive | Atlanta RSS feed for this section
Tweet The coffee shop is the center of the freelancer universe, a place outside of the home where we can come together to block each other out with our headphones and lattes. Some of these establishments are included, despite their suburban locations, for their excellent coffee, strong WiFi and access to food. Thankfully there is […]
Tweet For much of my high school days, before I fell in love with travel, I spent all my money on concerts and shows. My friends and I would pile into the Honda Accord that I still drive and carpool downtown to see our favorite bands play at The Masquerade, a historic mill and music venue. […]
Tweet Most people’s knowledge of the Atlanta is based solely on the world’s busiest airport, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (or LaToya Jackson Intergalactic Spaceport). Many travelers pass through on their way elsewhere, but not all get to see beyond it. While I’ve never had my own long layover in Atlanta since it’s my home airport, I […]
TweetLiving in the suburbs can sometimes make me feel like I don’t live in Atlanta (and some would argue that I don’t). But as much as I loathe the term “staycation,” it’s nice to spend time away from home but within the city. I’ve done it a few times before when staying at hotels to […]
Tweet I hardly any concrete travel plans as of today, but I know that will change. I’m leaving my year open to possibilities, because I’ve been pleasantly surprised thus far! I hope for another opportunity like Malaysia, which was unexpected and amazing. But here are the few places on my radar for 2015, apart from […]
TweetI’ve been to five countries and countless cities this year, eating my way through the best food as I went. I think with my stomach at all times and when you flip through the photos from my trip, it shows. Since giving up dairy last November, I’ve had more limited options than I did in […]
Tweet Inspired by the recent post of my friend Lisa at LL World Tour on her favorite Chicago eats, I’ve compiled a long list of my favorite places to eat in my hometown of Atlanta. I still find this city to be an under-the-radar destination for most people and when I was working on my […]
Tweet The familiar skyline of Buckhead greeted me from the window of my room at the The Westin Buckhead Atlanta. I was doing a “staycation” of sorts, spending a night at the hotel between two days working downtown, in order to learn more about the major renovations it had undergone recently. I’ve lived in Atlanta […]
Tweet I’ve written in the past about street art in Atlanta, but one of the city’s best places to both explore and see public art works is The Beltline. I related it to New York’s High Line, as its a former rail line that has been turned into an award winning walking and biking path. […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Atlanta’s Best Cocktail Bars April 26, 2016
- A Wellness Weekend in Hot Springs, Arkansas April 22, 2016
- Atlanta’s Best Coffee Shops for the Self-Employed April 20, 2016
- Photo Friday: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic April 15, 2016
- Ponce City Market: Atlanta’s Hippest Food Hall April 14, 2016
- 13 Things To Do If You Cannot Travel Abroad Right Now - Scribble, Snap, Travel: […] Girl Versus Globe lists 20 inspiring fem...
- Caroline: I used a backpack, but it's totally up to you. Mi...
- ashley: Hello, Is a suite case a good idea? or would yo...
- nba 2k16 mt sell: I love the information on your website. Thank you!...
- Caroline: Thanks for reading, Pola! This particular trip, I ...