Tweet I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again: Australia is expensive. Sydney is certainly no exception and is likely more expensive than any other city in the country. While the US dollar is nearly even with the Australian dollar, it will take you much more of those dollars to buy the same items. But [...]
Archive | backpacking RSS feed for this section
Tweet One of my regrets from college is that I never studied abroad. I went back and forth about it, but realized I wouldn’t be able to focus on the actual “study” portion of the equation, instead getting travel A.D.D. with so many destinations at my disposal. In the end, I decided to travel with [...]
TweetAs someone with short hair who doesn’t take the time to style it, I’m always looking for something to keep my hair out of my face. I have a number of headbands, but I was excited to check out the Cool Cat Pro, which I had seen advertised in running magazines. It has all the [...]
TweetWith spring break upon us, I decided that this is the perfect time to help my readers plan a short getaway while on break from school. If you have any additional tips, feel free to leave them in the comments! If you’ve decided that you want to make travel a priority in college, taking advantage [...]
Tweet I dreamed about visiting this castle for as long as I’ve wanted to travel. A few years ago when I applied to be a tour guide for BusAbout, I was given King Ludwig II of Bavaria, “The Mad King,” as my topic. I waxed poetic about his dream castle that was never completed, how [...]
Tweet I have a secret that I am ashamed to share, but I feel like I have to. I hear the terrible news about female travelers getting murdered, beaten or raped abroad. Their names are seared into my memory. I think, and others vocalize, “How did they get themselves into that situation?” As if it [...]
Tweet A Traveler’s Beauty Kit by caroline-eubanks featuring aveda haircare I’ve talked about what I bring in my carry on bag and even my backpack, but what do I bring in my toiletries bag to keep myself looking decent? I have a low key beauty regimen at the best of times, typically no more than [...]
TweetTrekr makes a travel washcloth that I’ve been using for the past few months, ever since I tested it out before bringing it in my carry on bag to San Francisco. So what makes this travel product worth loving? Firstly, it rolls up nice and tiny like you see below, taking up hardly any room. [...]
TweetThis post is the final post of a series about the cost of traveling in Australia. It will cover everything else you could possibly need to know, including living expenses, transportation, shopping and other thrifty tips. Transportation Since everything is so spread out, Australian flights can be a nightmare. Getting from Sydney to Alice Springs [...]
Tweet The Pacsafe Slingsafe GIII arrived on my doorstep and I thought it was a mistake. But it was really a Christmas surprise from Brooke, my editor at Her Packing List! I had so much fun checking out the features and took it to work with me every day. There are dozens of great pockets [...]
About Caroline in the City
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. Read more. br>
Which City is Caroline in?
Find it on CITC
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- The Australian Adventure: Six Months In July 25, 2011
- Photo Essay: The Great Ocean Road February 21, 2011
- Photo Essay: Cats of the Hemingway House May 17, 2013
- Paddleboarding with Manatees May 15, 2013
- Space Travel: The Final Frontier May 13, 2013
- Photo Essay: Miami Street Art May 10, 2013
- Best Free and Cheap Things to Do in Sydney May 8, 2013
- Peter: Thanks for this nice and decent post to tell about...
- Five Inspiring Travel Reads this Week « The Glovebox Blog from ArgusCarHire.com: [...] Space Travel: The Final Frontier [...]...
- Kim Harrison: Here's a music video about Riverview, the abandon...
- Jess: I've been thinking about this now that there's t...
- Caroline: It was fantastic, Naomi! It makes me wish I lived ...