TweetReturning to Sydney was an odd sensation, as I spent over six months living there in 2011, riding the train to work everyday past the Opera House and Harbour Bridge. This time around, I did something I never did back then: I stayed at a hostel in Sydney. I was lucky enough to be able […]
Archive | backpacking RSS feed for this section
TweetIf I haven’t proven to you by now what a beautiful place Turkey is and why it’s worth visiting, I will never convince you. I guess the delicious food, friendly people and historical landmarks aren’t for everyone. But if you are thinking about visiting Turkey, I want to answer some questions that have been asked […]
TweetThis trip has been two years in the making, so of course I’ve gone over what to pack about a million times in my head during that time. I knew I wanted to get as close to going carry on only as possible, although it’s hard to manage when you’re flying long-haul carriers and regional […]
TweetI’d been traveling overland around Turkey for over a week and was constantly surprised at how much I was enjoying myself. I’d gotten to know my fellow travelers and we seemed to be getting along. As we drove further and further away from Istanbul, I was falling more and more in love with the country. […]
TweetIn 2012, I had the pleasure of interviewing one of my travel idols, Rick Steves. Today I’m pleased to interview his son, Andy Steves, who has become a travel expert in his own right with his company Weekend Student Adventures. He organizes tours for study abroad students and travelers in Europe. What made you want […]
TweetI’ve told you all where I’m going, but there’s so much that goes into a trip like this. Traveling for three months means you have to be prepared for anything and the places I’ll be visiting need visas and vaccinations. This trip has been two years in the making, so now it’s time to finalize […]
TweetI alluded to an upcoming trip to Australia and Asia when I talked about my upcoming year in travel, but now it’s official. I’m going back to Australia. It’s a day I’ve been thinking about ever since I left Sydney on December 1, 2011. And this time, I’m taking my sister Sammi along with me. […]
Tweet A new year brings the promise of new adventures and I’ve been looking forward to this year for a long time now. Flo, one of my best friends from my time in Australia, got engaged in 2012 shortly after I got home and told me her plans to get married in Thailand. So that […]
TweetHave you ever wondered what makes some of us seek travel and solo experiences over others? If you’ve never taken a look at your Myers-Briggs personality type, I highly recommend doing so today. I’ve spent the last year thinking a lot about why I am the way that I am, even speaking with a therapist […]
Tweet My time in Australia was chock full of continuously surreal experiences. How can you not see a kangaroo in real life or learn the lingo? As I reflect back on my time in Australia and plan a future trip, I’ve created the ultimate Australia bucket list of the experiences you can’t visit Oz without […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Sunset Kayaking in Melbourne April 22, 2014
- An Education in Australian Wildlife at Taronga Zoo April 18, 2014
- Tune Hotels: A La Carte Luxury April 17, 2014
- Tasting Melbourne’s Coffee Culture April 15, 2014
- Visiting the Blue Mountains Independently April 10, 2014
- Beverley | Pack Your Passport: So glad you enjoyed this Caroline! I did this exac...
- Rashaad: Congratulations! I've actually completed two half...
- Cologne Tourist Attractions / Travel Guide / Tips / Blog: […] Cologne’s Kolsch Experience […]...
- The Guy: I've stayed in a lot of Melbourne hotels and inde...
- Beverley | Pack Your Passport: Aw I never went to any of these places while I was...