Tweet I’ve had two backpacks that I’ve loved, my Kelty Arch 65L and my Osprey Sirrus 35L, but I’ve slowly worked my way down to even smaller bags. Back in February, Timbuk2 sent me one of their Aviator travel bags to test drive on Her Packing List. I knew the brand for their hip cycling […]
Archive | backpacking RSS feed for this section
Tweet From the moment the ferry got close to Koh Tao, I was already filled with regret. After spending the last week and a half on Koh Samui for my friend’s wedding, I thought I’d had enough island time, but that wasn’t the case. While parts of Koh Samui were certainly beautiful, particularly the area […]
Tweet Getting around Southeast Asia is never dull, rarely on time and always a gamble. What seems like a straightforward journey can be an epic adventure, so be prepared for just about anything. You’ve got dozens of options at your disposal on how to get around, so why not try a little bit of each? […]
TweetI’ve talked about plenty of things I don’t think are worth it in Southeast Asia, namely things that other people think are fun that I’m not overly interested in. The Full Moon Party. Elephant rides. Tubing in Vang Vieng. Selfies with tigers at Tiger Temple. Shooting off guns in Vietnam. Halong Bay party cruises. But […]
Tweet Flying on budget airlines can save you plenty of money, but can make you want to rip your hair out from all the extra fees and nonsense that go along with it. In my years of being a budget traveler, I’ve flown Ryanair in Europe, JetStar in Australia and Asia, AirAsia in Asia and […]
Tweet Beng Mealea is one of Siem Reap’s lesser visited temples and was long so for good reason: land mines set up by the Khmer Rouge. Only a few people had visited the temple before its mines were cleared in the last decade and those who did faced a painful death if they took the […]
TweetI didn’t sleep in the same bed for more than a week for the last three months, including some luxury hotels, some guesthouses and my fair share of boats and trains. Most were to my liking and we soon learned that for $20 USD per night, we could get comfortable rooms, free breakfast and free […]
Tweet When planning a trip to Vietnam, I heard too much information about Halong Bay cruises. I was inundated with information, so it became hard to know where to start. While I’d heard lots of good things about the Hanoi Backpackers Castaways cruises, it became clear to be that I would be expected to party […]
Tweet Children play loudly in the yard of the school next door to the site. Do they know what happened here? I ask myself. Do they know that children their age, along with their parents, were killed here daily, beaten against trees, hacked with machetes? For their sakes, I hope they don’t know just yet. I […]
Tweet I’d heard fellow travel bloggers talk about how much they loved the Thai New Year, known better as Songkran, so much that I scheduled by Asia leg of the trip around it. Following a marathon day of travel through Darwin, Singapore, Bangkok and Chiang Mai, we arrived at the end of the first day. […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Travel Product I Love: Timbuk2 Aviator Backpack September 30, 2014
- Photo Friday: Dream Cars September 26, 2014
- The World’s Longest Border Crossing September 25, 2014
- Travel Brands I Love September 23, 2014
- Photo Friday: New York, NY September 19, 2014
- Dreaming of the land Down Under? | Mojo Today: […] 1. Caroline in the City: Bartending Dow...
- Resources for the Budding Freelance Writer | Alyssa Writes: […] Caroline in the City. She does monthly t...
- The Weekly 7: September 21: […] posts going around right now — I g...
- Caroline: Great points, George! Not everyone is ready for co...
- George: Hey, thanks for the link! As much as people like m...