Tweet Can you travel the world on $50 per day? This is the question asked by the book How to Travel the World on $50 A Day by Matt Kepnes, now in its second edition. Travel blogger Nomadic Matt has talked about budget travel and the easiest way to see the world on a shoestring for […]
Archive | blog RSS feed for this section
Tweet I have two roles: writer and blogger. I’ve written extensively about what I do as a freelance writer, but rarely talk about being a travel blogger, mainly because so many of my colleagues have summed it up perfectly. I’ve been part of this community for over 5 years, which has brought me new friends […]
Tweet Five years. 60 months. 1,825 days. This is the time that has passed since I sat at my desk in my Charleston apartment and typed out my first post on my recently created Blogger site. Looking back on those posts, I feel so silly, as they’re nothing more than photos and typed journal entries […]
Tweet via peo pea Call me a glutton for pain, but I seem to have an attraction to long overland journeys. My family and I drove up the entire east coast of the United States to Maine and back. I took a Greyhound bus all the way up the east coast of Australia, from Sydney […]
TweetThis blog has been around for as long as a presidential term or as long as I was in college. It’s almost old enough to head off to kindergarten. When I started Caroline in the City, it was 2009. I was in my junior year of college looking for a diversion after a breakup. I […]
Tweet The first conference I ever went to was Travel Blog Exchange in New York two years ago. I was still on Blogger and most of my readership was located in Charleston, where I lived at the time. I was overwhelmed by all the “big” bloggers and lessons I learned. The conference sort of turned […]
Tweet A few of you filled out a survey that I created to give me some information on my readers and direction on what I need to do more or less of. Thank you so much for the feedback and I have taken it to heart. I’m breaking down the things I’ve learned from your […]
Tweet The question I am asked most often in reference to my blog and lifestyle in general is, “How are you able to travel so much? I wish I could do that.” It’s mostly people from high school or college who maybe had one study abroad experience and that was the extent of their travels. […]
Tweet It must be that time of year because in the past week I’ve read about Everything Everywhere‘s 5 year travel anniversary and the two year blog anniversaries of Over Yonderlust and LandLopers. And here I am, at my three year anniversary of my first, albeit boring, post on Caroline in the City. On my […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Travel Writing Round Up [March 2015] March 4, 2015
- Photo Friday: Hilton Head Island, SC February 27, 2015
- Puerto Rico’s Most Unforgettable Experiences February 26, 2015
- Scenes from Rural Kentucky February 24, 2015
- #JustOneRhino: Why It Matters February 19, 2015
- chrysoula: I like you article a lot it gives a lot of advice....
- Wayoutback Matt: Hi Caroline, thanks heaps for the write-up on your...
- Todd @ Visit50: Cambodia was incredible! In a half year trip acros...
- Joya: I'll have to go here on my next trip to New York!...
- Victoria@ The British Berliner: I hear ya! I have nut allergies. Every nut and som...