Tweet In past years, I’ve marked the date in my calendar, but this year, it took noticing my Facebook memories to jog my memory. Seven years flew by for me, starting with a cookie-cutter Blogger website to my current one, which I designed myself. Despite the fact that little has changed about this blog in […]
Archive | blog RSS feed for this section
Tweet When people asked me what I was up to this year, I quickly replied, “Staying busy.” And while it was a standard answer, it was also true. I traveled over 120 days this year, at least one week out of every month. It included 11 states, two of which were new to me, and one […]
Tweet I try not to write too much about the logistics of blogging here because it’s not usually of interest to those who aren’t bloggers, but this one connects with everyday life. I’ve written about my favorite travel brands and what makes them so great. I’ve recommended countless products, destinations, and hotels. Sometimes I got […]
Tweet I get asked a lot of questions about what it’s like to run a travel blog and how to go about starting one. You may have already read posts on other blogs like this, but it’s time to share how I started my blog, my mistakes you can avoid and why you should start […]
Tweet I must admit that my sixth anniversary of Caroline in the City completely passed me by. I didn’t realize until after I came home from a week in Louisiana. It seems like things just keep getting better for the blogs and my writing career and I hope this momentum continues. Highlights of my year […]
Tweet Can you travel the world on $50 per day? This is the question asked by the book How to Travel the World on $50 A Day by Matt Kepnes, now in its second edition. Travel blogger Nomadic Matt has talked about budget travel and the easiest way to see the world on a shoestring for […]
Tweet I have two roles: writer and blogger. I’ve written extensively about what I do as a freelance writer, but rarely talk about being a travel blogger, mainly because so many of my colleagues have summed it up perfectly. I’ve been part of this community for over 5 years, which has brought me new friends […]
Tweet Five years. 60 months. 1,825 days. This is the time that has passed since I sat at my desk in my Charleston apartment and typed out my first post on my recently created Blogger site. Looking back on those posts, I feel so silly, as they’re nothing more than photos and typed journal entries […]
Tweet Call me a glutton for pain, but I seem to have an attraction to long overland journeys. My family and I drove up the entire east coast of the United States to Maine and back. I took a Greyhound bus all the way up the east coast of Australia, from Sydney to Cairns. And […]
TweetThis blog has been around for as long as a presidential term or as long as I was in college. It’s almost old enough to head off to kindergarten. When I started Caroline in the City, it was 2009. I was in my junior year of college looking for a diversion after a breakup. I […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Behind the Curtain: August 2016 August 23, 2016
- Photo Friday: Mobile, Alabama August 19, 2016
- Planning a Trip to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Parks August 16, 2016
- Travel Writing Round Up [August 2016] August 12, 2016
- A Beer Lover’s Guide to Colorado August 9, 2016
- KareninCalabria: When I saw the cover photo of Las Vegas on this po...
- Caroline: Maria, I recommend some of the "glamping" option...
- Caroline: Yes, Karen, there are definitely still aggressive ...
- Caroline: Hey Audrey, Scroll down to the bottom for the cat...
- Maria: Great guide! I imagine I will be visiting Yellowst...