Tweet In between your adventures, or even while you’re on them, it’s exciting to dive into a place through its words. A good book can transport you to a different time and place and make you better understand the author’s experiences. If I had to pick a favorite genre of book, it would almost always […]
Archive | books RSS feed for this section
TweetEvery trip to New York, I try to build in at least one day of exploring. I lost my day off this trip due to the snowstorm, but I woke up early before I flew home so that I could visit the The Morgan Library & Museum, which I’d read about on my friend Christine’s blog. […]
Tweet Can you travel the world on $50 per day? This is the question asked by the book How to Travel the World on $50 A Day by Matt Kepnes, now in its second edition. Travel blogger Nomadic Matt has talked about budget travel and the easiest way to see the world on a shoestring for […]
TweetMy goal for 2014 was to read 30 books. I certainly did that, but not necessarily 30 new books. I’ve re-read all but one of the Harry Potter series and am halfway through the Complete Stories of Flannery O’Connor, but haven’t included these in my count. While I thought I would have more reading time […]
TweetI will admit that I came nowhere close to my reading goals for the year. If you follow me on Goodreads, you’ll notice that my progress has been slow. I’m chalking this up to a few things, namely the fact that when I was traveling, I was often driving. My grand total was 17, down […]
TweetThis time last year I was summarizing what I read in 2011, which appeared to be a fairly impressive list at 34 books. I can’t say I was accomplished this year as I wasn’t traveling full time and I was launching a new website. Most of the books I did read were on my trip […]
Tweet I’m going to let you in on a little secret: solo travel is not just for the young. If someone told me that I had to get all of my solo travels out of the way now and wouldn’t be able to do so when I reached the age of 40 or 50, I […]
Tweet I’m always searching for a new guidebook and I really have no brand loyalty. Peruse my bookshelf and you will find travel titles from every publisher, from Lonely Planet to Fodor’s to Frommer’s to Let’s Go, which is why I approach each travel guide with a critical eye. When the ladies of Go! Girl […]
Tweet I can’t believe how many books I read while traveling and Kristin of Camels and Chocolate’s post “Out At Sea: What I Read” inspired me to talk about all the books I could recommend from this year, all 35 of them (and counting). Anyone who traveled with me for more than a day can […]
Tweet Ponce and Church in Decatur I swear. This festival must have been made for me. I wrote a little blurb in the Sunday Paper about the Decatur Book Festival and Mom decided we had to go for the day, since the whole family was in town and not working for Labor Day. If you didn’t know […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Atlanta’s Best Cocktail Bars April 26, 2016
- A Wellness Weekend in Hot Springs, Arkansas April 22, 2016
- Atlanta’s Best Coffee Shops for the Self-Employed April 20, 2016
- Photo Friday: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic April 15, 2016
- Ponce City Market: Atlanta’s Hippest Food Hall April 14, 2016
- 13 Things To Do If You Cannot Travel Abroad Right Now - Scribble, Snap, Travel: […] Girl Versus Globe lists 20 inspiring fem...
- Caroline: I used a backpack, but it's totally up to you. Mi...
- ashley: Hello, Is a suite case a good idea? or would yo...
- nba 2k16 mt sell: I love the information on your website. Thank you!...
- Caroline: Thanks for reading, Pola! This particular trip, I ...