TweetBackpacker bars make the travel scene what it is in Australia: “no worries.” Most major hostels have their own in-house bars but each one is unique, with cheap drinks, activities and rowdy backpackers abound. They’re the only places where you will find a party every night of the week. Sydney ScuBar Located beneath the Sydney [...]
Archive | Byron Bay RSS feed for this section
Tweet I stayed in more hostels in Australia than I ever care to count. Some were great, some were disgusting and some weren’t really memorable. In this post I will break them all down with you, in complete honesty, for every hostel I stayed at, in every city I visited. There are a number of large [...]
Tweet In my almost year in Australia, I slept a lot of places. Dozens of hostels, a few floors, friends’ apartments, two boats, tents, swags and countless cities. It all started in Sydney at Tommy’s house in Petersham, where he and his dad graciously let me sleep until I found my own pad. I got [...]
Tweet I called my sister in a panic. Only she would know what to do. “Sammi,” I asked frantically, “What do I talk to hippies about? I need conversation starters.” I had unknowingly booked three nights at Byron Bay’s hippie haven known as the Arts Factory. Formerly a slaughterhouse, this hostel/restaurant/bar/brewery/movie theater complex is now [...]
About Caroline in the City
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. Read more. br>
Which City is Caroline in?
Find it on CITC
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Photo Essay: The Great Ocean Road February 21, 2011
- The Australian Adventure: Six Months In July 25, 2011
- Introducing the #Tweet2Toronto Journey May 20, 2013
- Photo Essay: Cats of the Hemingway House May 17, 2013
- Paddleboarding with Manatees May 15, 2013
- Space Travel: The Final Frontier May 13, 2013
- Photo Essay: Miami Street Art May 10, 2013
- Katka: Awesome!!! I am SO excited about your journey! I...
- Jeff @ Go Travelzing: What a cool way to get to TBEX. Who knew you coul...
- Kate: Great photos! Stand up paddle boarding is super ea...
- Peter: Thanks for this nice and decent post to tell about...
- Five Inspiring Travel Reads this Week « The Glovebox Blog from ArgusCarHire.com: [...] Space Travel: The Final Frontier [...]...