Tweet Many “independent” travelers are immediately turned off by the word tour. They picture large groups huddled around a tour guide with an umbrella or worse, a portable microphone, spouting out facts about whatever random attraction they’re standing in front of. They picture fanny packs and knee high socks and massive tour buses. The hear […]
Archive | California RSS feed for this section
Tweet “You get in!” the Chinese cab driver barked at us. Not the way to start a new relationship. My friend and I were awake at 7 a.m. to see off her brother and his fraternity brothers as they rode their bikes across the country. We left with enough time to make the fifteen minute […]
Tweet Nearly everyone who has been to San Francisco has visited the “Painted Ladies” of Alamo Square. You’ve probably seen the iconic Victorian style all in rows, or you’ve seen them on the show Full House. It was very sunny on this particular day, so many of the pictures didn’t turn out great, but it […]
TweetPeople asked what I did in San Francisco and the only thing I can definitively say is “Eat.” Yes, I saw Alcatraz and yes, I saw Fisherman’s Wharf, but what really stuck with me was the food. If you follow me on Instagram, you probably think I’ve gained 50 pounds just from the last weekend. […]
Tweet San Francisco Highlights from Caroline Eubanks on Vimeo. I threw together a video of some clips I took on my trip to San Francisco. All of them were taken with my iPhone 4 and Canon T1i DSLR. Enjoy!
Tweet It had been twelve years since I’d laid eyes on the island. But it looked very much the same as I remembered it. I went through the same motions: waiting in line, having my photo taken and boarding the ferry. I made my way past the same sign to have my picture taken. It […]
TweetI’m not much of a sweet tooth as I’m more of a savory person, but with a cupcake fanatic for a best friend, I knew we would have our share of desserts on our trip to San Francisco. Before we even landed, she had mapped out the city’s best cupcakes on her iPhone. Beignets from […]
Tweet I’ve been on a spree lately, featuring my favorite funky spots, including Atlanta’s Little Five Points and Los Angeles’ Venice Beach. So I couldn’t go to San Francisco without visiting hippie heaven in Haight-Ashbury. A local on the MUNI told me that Haight-Ashbury has become very commercial (as evidenced in the feature photo, in […]
Tweet I’m currently in San Francisco soaking up the California sun, so I thought I’d throw together a post from my last trip to California, in January 2011. I spent three days in Los Angeles, eating tacos with my fellow travel bloggers, CouchSurfing and walking through the stalls of the Santa Monica Farmer’s Market. Suzanna, […]
Tweet If you’ve been stalking following me on Facebook, you might have heard that my friend Scotti texted me last week to get me to take a few days off work at the end of the month. She said we were going on a trip but wouldn’t tell me where. All I knew was that I […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- An Education in Australian Wildlife at Taronga Zoo April 18, 2014
- Tune Hotels: A La Carte Luxury April 17, 2014
- Tasting Melbourne’s Coffee Culture April 15, 2014
- Visiting the Blue Mountains Independently April 10, 2014
- Sleeping Like a Local at Sydney Central YHA April 8, 2014
- Cologne Tourist Attractions / Travel Guide / Tips / Blog: […] Cologne’s Kolsch Experience […]...
- The Guy: I've stayed in a lot of Melbourne hotels and inde...
- Beverley | Pack Your Passport: Aw I never went to any of these places while I was...
- Caroline: Thanks for the correction! My Portuguese spelling ...
- Hayley: I was so one of those school groups you mention at...