TweetBudget travel is how I operate, as I try to get as much money out of an experience as I can, allowing me to travel for longer. I’m comfortable in hostels for this reason, but I occasionally stay in hotels when the value is right. When I was looking for a place to stay in […]
Archive | cheap RSS feed for this section
TweetIn 2012, I had the pleasure of interviewing one of my travel idols, Rick Steves. Today I’m pleased to interview his son, Andy Steves, who has become a travel expert in his own right with his company Weekend Student Adventures. He organizes tours for study abroad students and travelers in Europe. What made you want […]
Tweet I’ve never been a fan of big cruises because I always wish I was spending time at my destination rather than out at sea. They don’t allow for much independent travel, apart from excursions. But my most recent trip may have changed my mind, as everyone books a cruise vacation for different reasons. Some […]
TweetWhy yes, it is that time of year where I get to relive my gluttony favorite meals from my travels of the year. I sure got around in 2013, so my favorite eats are certainly varied. And I’ve gotten worse about how many pictures I take of my meals, meaning they are much more frequent. […]
TweetThis is the second installment in a series about my experiences traveling through Turkey with BusAbout. For part 1, which covers the overland Turkey Adventure, see this post. Before I even thought about traveling overland through Turkey, I knew I wanted to sail there. I had heard about the Sail Turkey trip that BusAbout offered […]
Tweet When I was planning my trip for this season, I knew I wanted to go to Turkey but didn’t know how to go about it. This was another trip where I felt more comfortable joining a tour rather than traveling alone. Once I saw that BusAbout, one of my favorite tour companies, offered a […]
Tweet What made my trip to Turkey so memorable was definitely the people, but the food also stands out in my mind. I’d had “Mediterranean style” cuisine before, namely kebabs, but I had dishes I’d never heard of and may never find back home. What’s so memorable isn’t necessarily the restaurants themselves but the dishes, […]
TweetI’ve lived in Atlanta for most of my life and have become a professional at having fun with hardly any money. Experiencing the my city doesn’t have to be expensive, as there are plenty of free and cheap things to do in Atlanta. Start by downloading the Scoutmob app on your iPhone, which offers 50% […]
Tweet If you’re visiting the United States for the first time, you might skip Washington DC in favor for the big spots like Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas and New York. But it’s a surprisingly budget-friendly American destination, as I recently found out on my #Tweet2Toronto journey. I hardly spent any money on my […]
Tweet Continuing my series on how to experience expensive cities for cheap, I headed to the land of nightclubs and beaches: Miami. While it’s not quite on par with Sydney or London, Miami is certainly one of the more expensive cities in the United States, particularly when it comes to accommodation and parking. If you […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Sunset Kayaking in Melbourne April 22, 2014
- An Education in Australian Wildlife at Taronga Zoo April 18, 2014
- Tune Hotels: A La Carte Luxury April 17, 2014
- Tasting Melbourne’s Coffee Culture April 15, 2014
- Visiting the Blue Mountains Independently April 10, 2014
- Beverley | Pack Your Passport: So glad you enjoyed this Caroline! I did this exac...
- Rashaad: Congratulations! I've actually completed two half...
- Cologne Tourist Attractions / Travel Guide / Tips / Blog: […] Cologne’s Kolsch Experience […]...
- The Guy: I've stayed in a lot of Melbourne hotels and inde...
- Beverley | Pack Your Passport: Aw I never went to any of these places while I was...