TweetYou can eat Thai food almost anywhere in the world, but it’s nothing like having the real deal. My experiences in Southeast Asia really blew me away in terms of what kind of cuisine I fell in love with. Some of my favorite eats of the year were dishes I wouldn’t have tried back home. […]
Archive | cheap RSS feed for this section
Tweet Inspired by the recent post of my friend Lisa at LL World Tour on her favorite Chicago eats, I’ve compiled a long list of my favorite places to eat in my hometown of Atlanta. I still find this city to be an under-the-radar destination for most people and when I was working on my […]
Tweet Like much of Southeast Asia, Malaysia is a very inexpensive country for travelers. The capital city of Kuala Lumpur is a hub for most people visiting the country. You can stay in a guesthouse for under $10 USD per night and eat for even less. Tourist attractions can range in price, but are generally […]
Tweet Traveling in Australia is expensive by most standards, so when visiting the cosmopolitan capital of Melbourne, you’ll want to do your best to cut costs. It’s difficult to avoid if you want to take advantage of the city’s best restaurants, bars and hotels, but if you would rather keep your funds going, here are […]
TweetBudget travel is how I operate, as I try to get as much money out of an experience as I can, allowing me to travel for longer. I’m comfortable in hostels for this reason, but I occasionally stay in hotels when the value is right. When I was looking for a place to stay in […]
TweetIn 2012, I had the pleasure of interviewing one of my travel idols, Rick Steves. Today I’m pleased to interview his son, Andy Steves, who has become a travel expert in his own right with his company Weekend Student Adventures. He organizes tours for study abroad students and travelers in Europe. What made you want […]
Tweet I’ve never been a fan of big cruises because I always wish I was spending time at my destination rather than out at sea. They don’t allow for much independent travel, apart from excursions. But my most recent trip may have changed my mind, as everyone books a cruise vacation for different reasons. Some […]
TweetWhy yes, it is that time of year where I get to relive my gluttony favorite meals from my travels of the year. I sure got around in 2013, so my favorite eats are certainly varied. And I’ve gotten worse about how many pictures I take of my meals, meaning they are much more frequent. […]
TweetThis is the second installment in a series about my experiences traveling through Turkey with BusAbout. For part 1, which covers the overland Turkey Adventure, see this post. Before I even thought about traveling overland through Turkey, I knew I wanted to sail there. I had heard about the Sail Turkey trip that BusAbout offered […]
Tweet When I was planning my trip for this season, I knew I wanted to go to Turkey but didn’t know how to go about it. This was another trip where I felt more comfortable joining a tour rather than traveling alone. Once I saw that BusAbout, one of my favorite tour companies, offered a […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Photo Friday: Boca Chica, Dominican Republic April 29, 2016
- Atlanta’s Best Cocktail Bars April 26, 2016
- A Wellness Weekend in Hot Springs, Arkansas April 22, 2016
- Atlanta’s Best Coffee Shops for the Self-Employed April 20, 2016
- Photo Friday: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic April 15, 2016
- Caroline: I stayed at Haven in Alice Springs and Backpack Oz...
- Regina Silva: Estive à pouco tempo no porto... foi lindo demais...
- KareninCalabria: The hot baths sound very enticing after a walk in ...
- KareninCalabria: Wow! The water looked lovely in the first few phot...
- Sarah: My sister and I are thinking about doing the same ...