TweetHave you ever been in a foreign country, surrounded by the unfamiliar, only to find something from home? I’ve had three run-ins with familiar songs while abroad and they always come at the most bizarre times. The Song: “Georgia on My Mind” by Ray Charles The Moment: My friend Christine and I were in Amsterdam for [...]
Archive | Croatia RSS feed for this section
TweetThe title sounds sort of like “the world is my oyster,” which is also true. It was a tie between this title and “travel is my relationship,” which sounded a little like “Love Is My Religion.” I’m obviously overthinking this post, so it must be time to decrease my caffeine intake. This post, as many [...]
Tweet Oceans and mountains: the best of both worlds I know I’ve already said how much I loved Croatia, but this particular night goes down as one of my favorite travel memories. My Australian cruise mates and I had reached the middle of the trip. At the point between being complete strangers and being sick [...]
TweetI know you’re sick of hearing about Croatia, but this is different…sort of. I haven’t reviewed a hostel in a while (mostly because I hadn’t stayed in one in a while), so I thought I would assess my summer hostel stays. [photo] Part of what I loved about Split was the people I met at my [...]
Tweet This post was inspired by conversations with people about solo travel and reading lots of blog posts. If you want to know more about traveling alone, visit Gray’s blog at SoloFriendly.com. I first planned a trip alone because most of my friends don’t have the same desire or budget to travel. They’re mostly homebodies, [...]
Tweet How do you sum up your favorite trip you’ve ever taken? I don’t know what made me love Croatia so much. Could it be that I was thrilled to get to be on my own time frame after having everything planned for me in Thailand? Was I looking for something more familiar, like the European trips [...]
TweetIf you’ve been reading for the past month or so, you know I’ve become obsessed with Australia and the thought of going this summer. Well, there’s been a slight change of plans since I don’t want to go there when it’s winter in the southern hemisphere. So I’m back to the original(ish) plan, which is Croatia. I’ve been [...]
About Caroline in the City
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. Read more. br>
Which City is Caroline in?
Find it on CITC
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- The Australian Adventure: Six Months In July 25, 2011
- Photo Essay: The Great Ocean Road February 21, 2011
- Caroline in the Everglades May 22, 2013
- Introducing the #Tweet2Toronto Journey May 20, 2013
- Photo Essay: Cats of the Hemingway House May 17, 2013
- Paddleboarding with Manatees May 15, 2013
- Space Travel: The Final Frontier May 13, 2013
- Naomi: Wow, that looks like an amazing hostel! Looks like...
- Owhnn: It was a pleasure having Caroline in the City here...
- Katka: Awesome!!! I am SO excited about your journey! I...
- Jeff @ Go Travelzing: What a cool way to get to TBEX. Who knew you coul...
- Kate: Great photos! Stand up paddle boarding is super ea...