TweetI’ve been to five countries and countless cities this year, eating my way through the best food as I went. I think with my stomach at all times and when you flip through the photos from my trip, it shows. Since giving up dairy last November, I’ve had more limited options than I did in […]
Archive | food RSS feed for this section
Tweet Inspired by the recent post of my friend Lisa at LL World Tour on her favorite Chicago eats, I’ve compiled a long list of my favorite places to eat in my hometown of Atlanta. I still find this city to be an under-the-radar destination for most people and when I was working on my […]
TweetWhen getting ready for my trip to Puerto Rico, I assumed that the food would be similar to Mexican food. But on our first night in San Juan, the server at Cafe Puerto Rico told us all we needed to know about the food on the islands. It’s based heavily in proteins and starches with […]
Tweet As if my post on Vietnam’s Street Food wasn’t enough, I’ve made a video called Eating Vietnam about all the delicious things I ate during my month there. If you like what you see, please subscribe on YouTube!
Tweet When I went to the travel doctor to get shots for my trip to Asia, she specifically told me that I wasn’t to eat anything from street vendors or anything I hadn’t seen cooked. I smiled at her and then mentally laughed. How could I possibly go to Asia without trying any street food? […]
TweetWhy yes, it is that time of year where I get to relive my gluttony favorite meals from my travels of the year. I sure got around in 2013, so my favorite eats are certainly varied. And I’ve gotten worse about how many pictures I take of my meals, meaning they are much more frequent. […]
Tweet What made my trip to Turkey so memorable was definitely the people, but the food also stands out in my mind. I’d had “Mediterranean style” cuisine before, namely kebabs, but I had dishes I’d never heard of and may never find back home. What’s so memorable isn’t necessarily the restaurants themselves but the dishes, […]
Tweet via Visit Baton Rouge I’ve been in New York for the past week and I’m already off again with just enough time to drop off my bags, repack and return to the airport for Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I spoke with the lovely folks from Baton Rouge at TBEX in Toronto a few months ago, […]
Tweet It had been six years since I wandered the Europeanesque streets of Montreal. When I decided to attend the Travel Blog Exchange conference in Toronto, I knew I wanted to retourner à Montréal but to do it differently this time around. Sure, I had a great time visiting during college fall break with my friend Scotti, […]
Tweet I wasn’t always such an avid foodie. There was a long stretch of my life when food was something I avoided, a hassle at best. But within the last few years, I greatly enjoy trying new restaurants with friends and splurging on the occasional meal. When I’m traveling, however, I usually settle for ramen […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- A City Girl’s Favorite Rural Experiences January 29, 2015
- Awkward Moments as a Solo Traveler January 27, 2015
- Photo Friday: Frankfort, Kentucky January 23, 2015
- Hotel Amenities for the Traveler’s Home January 22, 2015
- Can You Travel the World on $50 Per Day? January 20, 2015
- Joseph @ Green Global Travel: It's tough since US's tourist infrastructure isn...
- Svenja: Savannah is absolutely gorgeous! We stopped ther...
- Caroline: Me too, Tracey! I like the option of meeting peopl...
- Caroline: Totally agree, Bess! Getting lost while alone is t...
- Tracey: I must be a grump too as I hate when people want t...