TweetYou can eat Thai food almost anywhere in the world, but it’s nothing like having the real deal. My experiences in Southeast Asia really blew me away in terms of what kind of cuisine I fell in love with. Some of my favorite eats of the year were dishes I wouldn’t have tried back home. […]
Archive | food RSS feed for this section
Tweet For the past year, I’ve been nearly completely dairy free. I’d heard that eliminating it from my diet could help with my eczema, which has grown worse over the last two years, especially made worse by weather, stress and other factors. I first noticed the flare ups in Australia and they came up again […]
Tweet If there’s one American city I’ve been to more than any other (that I haven’t lived in), it’s probably New York City. In the last few years, I’ve gone every six months and have my own little home in Hell’s Kitchen, particularly the few blocks between my hotel and the Javits Center. One of […]
TweetI’ve been to five countries and countless cities this year, eating my way through the best food as I went. I think with my stomach at all times and when you flip through the photos from my trip, it shows. Since giving up dairy last November, I’ve had more limited options than I did in […]
Tweet Inspired by the recent post of my friend Lisa at LL World Tour on her favorite Chicago eats, I’ve compiled a long list of my favorite places to eat in my hometown of Atlanta. I still find this city to be an under-the-radar destination for most people and when I was working on my […]
TweetWhen getting ready for my trip to Puerto Rico, I assumed that the food would be similar to Mexican food. But on our first night in San Juan, the server at Cafe Puerto Rico told us all we needed to know about the food on the islands. It’s based heavily in proteins and starches with […]
Tweet As if my post on Vietnam’s Street Food wasn’t enough, I’ve made a video called Eating Vietnam about all the delicious things I ate during my month there. If you like what you see, please subscribe on YouTube!
Tweet When I went to the travel doctor to get shots for my trip to Asia, she specifically told me that I wasn’t to eat anything from street vendors or anything I hadn’t seen cooked. I smiled at her and then mentally laughed. How could I possibly go to Asia without trying any street food? […]
TweetWhy yes, it is that time of year where I get to relive my gluttony favorite meals from my travels of the year. I sure got around in 2013, so my favorite eats are certainly varied. And I’ve gotten worse about how many pictures I take of my meals, meaning they are much more frequent. […]
Tweet What made my trip to Turkey so memorable was definitely the people, but the food also stands out in my mind. I’d had “Mediterranean style” cuisine before, namely kebabs, but I had dishes I’d never heard of and may never find back home. What’s so memorable isn’t necessarily the restaurants themselves but the dishes, […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Video: Scenes from Melaka March 26, 2015
- Stylish and Budget-Friendly Hotel Stays with Yonderbound March 24, 2015
- Photo Friday: San Francisco, California March 20, 2015
- Travel Product I Love: Speakeasy Travel Scarves March 19, 2015
- Ask the Experts: Best Advice for Aspiring Travel Writers March 17, 2015
- rebecca: Have heard a bit about Yonderbound. Will have to c...
- Sarah: So much deliciousness in this post! Chicken rice i...
- Imagebloke: I have never been to rural Kentucky but I definite...
- Elise: Oh! I need this! I am always blogging and telling ...
- Emma: This is genius and it looks pretty too! I will def...