Tweet Whoever says that British food isn’t good, and is heavy and unhealthy, isn’t eating the right dishes. A common misconception is easily broken once you check out London’s ethnic eating enclaves and sit down for a true Sunday roast at a neighborhood pub. One of my favorite things about visiting a destination is checking […]
Archive | food RSS feed for this section
TweetJudging by some Instagram accounts, you’d think the world is full of delicious things and travelers always eat well. I’m here to set the record straight and say that is not true. Not only have I had food poisoning overseas, but I’ve ordered things without having a clue what they were. Sometimes I’ve been glad I […]
Tweet We’ve all experienced the feeling. Our eyes get a little blurry, our stomach grumbles loud enough for passersby to hear and we become irrationally angry. It’s known as “hangry” and it’s a condition I suffer from. I fret about finding my way in a new city and worry if I will ever find somewhere […]
TweetYou can eat Thai food almost anywhere in the world, but it’s nothing like having the real deal. My experiences in Southeast Asia really blew me away in terms of what kind of cuisine I fell in love with. Some of my favorite eats of the year were dishes I wouldn’t have tried back home. […]
Tweet For the past year, I’ve been nearly completely dairy free. I’d heard that eliminating it from my diet could help with my eczema, which has grown worse over the last two years, especially made worse by weather, stress and other factors. I first noticed the flare ups in Australia and they came up again […]
Tweet If there’s one American city I’ve been to more than any other (that I haven’t lived in), it’s probably New York City. In the last few years, I’ve gone every six months and have my own little home in Hell’s Kitchen, particularly the few blocks between my hotel and the Javits Center. One of […]
TweetI’ve been to five countries and countless cities this year, eating my way through the best food as I went. I think with my stomach at all times and when you flip through the photos from my trip, it shows. Since giving up dairy last November, I’ve had more limited options than I did in […]
Tweet Inspired by the recent post of my friend Lisa at LL World Tour on her favorite Chicago eats, I’ve compiled a long list of my favorite places to eat in my hometown of Atlanta. I still find this city to be an under-the-radar destination for most people and when I was working on my […]
TweetWhen getting ready for my trip to Puerto Rico, I assumed that the food would be similar to Mexican food. But on our first night in San Juan, the server at Cafe Puerto Rico told us all we needed to know about the food on the islands. It’s based heavily in proteins and starches with […]
Tweet As if my post on Vietnam’s Street Food wasn’t enough, I’ve made a video called Eating Vietnam about all the delicious things I ate during my month there. If you like what you see, please subscribe on YouTube!
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2015 December 1, 2015
- Photo Friday: Oxford, Mississippi November 27, 2015
- Warming Up with Stanley Brand (+ Holiday Cocktail Recipes!) November 24, 2015
- Caroline in the City Guide to San Francisco November 19, 2015
- Behind the Curtain: November 2015 November 17, 2015
- kristin Goodson: I would love any of them. The nomad key looks pret...
- Danielle: I'd most like to receive the passport holder....
- Caroline: @Lisa, I did look into Neilsons but didn't spend ...
- Marcus Eriksson: Didn't visit the Skybar, unfortunately. Next time...
- Lisa Reeves: I fell in love with Oxford after reading about it ...