Tweet You probably won’t see members of my tribe in native dress. They might not look all that different from you. You might not be able to notice that they’re part of a tribe at all, but I can almost immediately see it in their eyes. I’m part of a tribe of travelers. We are […]
Archive | friends RSS feed for this section
Tweet Another whirlwind year passes and I have so much to be thankful for. I am constantly amazed at all the opportunities I’ve been given and the people I’ve met this year. I’m thankful for the places I’ve been able to visit, including Florida, Canada, Baton Rouge and Turkey. I’ve had other moments that weren’t […]
Tweet One of the problems with being a sketchy flaky “free spirit” like myself is that you find yourself having difficulty making deep connections with others. I try not to get too close to people because I know one of us, probably myself, will eventually leave. I know a lot of people living in every […]
Tweet I’ve long considered Charleston more of my “home” than Atlanta. While I was raised in Georgia, Charleston is where I did most of my growing up and what made me into the person I am today. It’s where I learned to live with others, where I balanced work and play, where I found out the […]
Tweet If you’ve been stalking following me on Facebook, you might have heard that my friend Scotti texted me last week to get me to take a few days off work at the end of the month. She said we were going on a trip but wouldn’t tell me where. All I knew was that I […]
Tweet*Editor’s Note: I wrote this post a few months ago, right after Heather left. I thought I should wait until I had more to say, but I think it makes as much sense now as it ever will. I know this feeling. It’s plagued me before. Last summer, on my last day in Croatia, I […]
TweetIf Sydney’s the city you want to hook up with and Melbourne is the city you want to date, then you could say Canberra is that drunken one night stand that you’d like to forget. Or so I came to believe when I told Sydneysiders that it was the next stop on my road trip. […]
Tweet I joined the website out of curiosity long before I worked up the courage to do it. I had heard great stories from Andi as well as friends from Charleston who had hosted people. But was I cut out for it? I felt weird about staying at a stranger’s house in a strange city, […]
TweetOver the last (almost) two years, my blog has provided me with so many unseen opportunities. But none are as tangible as the friendships I’ve made within the blogging community. It’s like a cult group of friends that you can hang out with any place in the world. They know how you feel and support […]
TweetSaturday night was the last time I was going to see my whole extended family for a while. We gathered at Georgia Rib Company to celebrate my dad’s 50th birthday and the biggest question of the night was what am I going to do in Australia? I loved talking to old neighbors and family friends […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Wild and Weird Darwin April 24, 2014
- Sunset Kayaking in Melbourne April 22, 2014
- An Education in Australian Wildlife at Taronga Zoo April 18, 2014
- Tune Hotels: A La Carte Luxury April 17, 2014
- Tasting Melbourne’s Coffee Culture April 15, 2014
- Beverley | Pack Your Passport: So glad you enjoyed this Caroline! I did this exac...
- Rashaad: Congratulations! I've actually completed two half...
- Cologne Tourist Attractions / Travel Guide / Tips / Blog: […] Cologne’s Kolsch Experience […]...
- The Guy: I've stayed in a lot of Melbourne hotels and inde...
- Beverley | Pack Your Passport: Aw I never went to any of these places while I was...