Tweet Blessed. It’s a word I’m sick of seeing on Instagram, but on this day, it’s true. It’s the day I reflect on the good in my life, on the great people I’m surrounded by and the opportunities I’ve been lucky enough to have. I create these Thankful Lists every year since I was 15 […]
Archive | friends RSS feed for this section
Tweet Whether you love or hate Bangkok, you have to admit that there are all sorts of things to keep you entertained. If you’ve seen The Hangover 2, you know that this can often be a dangerous quality to the city, where ladyboys and cheap drinks are plentiful and streets like Soi Cowboy and Khaosan Road […]
Tweet You probably won’t see members of my tribe in native dress. They might not look all that different from you. You might not be able to notice that they’re part of a tribe at all, but I can almost immediately see it in their eyes. I’m part of a tribe of travelers. We are […]
Tweet Another whirlwind year passes and I have so much to be thankful for. I am constantly amazed at all the opportunities I’ve been given and the people I’ve met this year. I’m thankful for the places I’ve been able to visit, including Florida, Canada, Baton Rouge and Turkey. I’ve had other moments that weren’t […]
Tweet One of the problems with being a sketchy flaky “free spirit” like myself is that you find yourself having difficulty making deep connections with others. I try not to get too close to people because I know one of us, probably myself, will eventually leave. I know a lot of people living in every […]
Tweet I’ve long considered Charleston more of my “home” than Atlanta. While I was raised in Georgia, Charleston is where I did most of my growing up and what made me into the person I am today. It’s where I learned to live with others, where I balanced work and play, where I found out the […]
Tweet If you’ve been stalking following me on Facebook, you might have heard that my friend Scotti texted me last week to get me to take a few days off work at the end of the month. She said we were going on a trip but wouldn’t tell me where. All I knew was that I […]
Tweet*Editor’s Note: I wrote this post a few months ago, right after Heather left. I thought I should wait until I had more to say, but I think it makes as much sense now as it ever will. I know this feeling. It’s plagued me before. Last summer, on my last day in Croatia, I […]
TweetIf Sydney’s the city you want to hook up with and Melbourne is the city you want to date, then you could say Canberra is that drunken one night stand that you’d like to forget. Or so I came to believe when I told Sydneysiders that it was the next stop on my road trip. […]
Tweet I joined the website out of curiosity long before I worked up the courage to do it. I had heard great stories from Andi as well as friends from Charleston who had hosted people. But was I cut out for it? I felt weird about staying at a stranger’s house in a strange city, […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Behind the Curtain: August 2016 August 23, 2016
- Photo Friday: Mobile, Alabama August 19, 2016
- Planning a Trip to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Parks August 16, 2016
- Travel Writing Round Up [August 2016] August 12, 2016
- A Beer Lover’s Guide to Colorado August 9, 2016
- KareninCalabria: When I saw the cover photo of Las Vegas on this po...
- Caroline: Maria, I recommend some of the "glamping" option...
- Caroline: Yes, Karen, there are definitely still aggressive ...
- Caroline: Hey Audrey, Scroll down to the bottom for the cat...
- Maria: Great guide! I imagine I will be visiting Yellowst...