Tweet Despite living less than 5 hours from the coastal city, I’ve only been to Savannah a handful of times. I rarely had the need when I lived in Charleston, as we had a beach of our own, but went on a few day trips. But since I launched This Is My South, I knew […]
Archive | Georgia RSS feed for this section
Tweet I hardly any concrete travel plans as of today, but I know that will change. I’m leaving my year open to possibilities, because I’ve been pleasantly surprised thus far! I hope for another opportunity like Malaysia, which was unexpected and amazing. But here are the few places on my radar for 2015, apart from […]
TweetI’ve been to five countries and countless cities this year, eating my way through the best food as I went. I think with my stomach at all times and when you flip through the photos from my trip, it shows. Since giving up dairy last November, I’ve had more limited options than I did in […]
Tweet Inspired by the recent post of my friend Lisa at LL World Tour on her favorite Chicago eats, I’ve compiled a long list of my favorite places to eat in my hometown of Atlanta. I still find this city to be an under-the-radar destination for most people and when I was working on my […]
Tweet The familiar skyline of Buckhead greeted me from the window of my room at the The Westin Buckhead Atlanta. I was doing a “staycation” of sorts, spending a night at the hotel between two days working downtown, in order to learn more about the major renovations it had undergone recently. I’ve lived in Atlanta […]
Tweet I’ve written in the past about street art in Atlanta, but one of the city’s best places to both explore and see public art works is The Beltline. I related it to New York’s High Line, as its a former rail line that has been turned into an award winning walking and biking path. […]
Tweet For someone that travels as much as I do, it can be hard to keep up any semblance of a beauty regimen. I hardly wear makeup, but it can be several months between haircuts. And don’t even think about manicures and pedicures unless there’s a special occasion coming up, namely conferences or friends’ weddings. […]
Tweet Some days my job has perks. Last week was one such day. I was going to a media preview of the Great Georgia Air Show, which took place over the weekend south of Atlanta in Peachtree City. I wasn’t sure what to expect from the day, but I figured if nothing else, I would […]
TweetOne of my favorite things about my hometown of Atlanta is the arts scene, specifically the High Museum of Art. They’ve always got an interesting exhibit going on, like works from the Louvre and the Terracotta Soldiers, and local folk art works from my favorite artist, Howard Finster. This year’s big exhibit was Dream Cars: […]
Tweet In case you hadn’t heard, my hometown of Atlanta was a hot mess last week when we received two inches of snow and had to shut down the city with cars abandoned on the road in a truly spooky Walking Dead style. The last time I experienced a storm like this was before I left […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- A City Girl’s Favorite Rural Experiences January 29, 2015
- Awkward Moments as a Solo Traveler January 27, 2015
- Photo Friday: Frankfort, Kentucky January 23, 2015
- Hotel Amenities for the Traveler’s Home January 22, 2015
- Can You Travel the World on $50 Per Day? January 20, 2015
- Joseph @ Green Global Travel: It's tough since US's tourist infrastructure isn...
- Svenja: Savannah is absolutely gorgeous! We stopped ther...
- Caroline: Me too, Tracey! I like the option of meeting peopl...
- Caroline: Totally agree, Bess! Getting lost while alone is t...
- Tracey: I must be a grump too as I hate when people want t...