TweetOne of my favorite things about my hometown of Atlanta is the arts scene, specifically the High Museum of Art. They’ve always got an interesting exhibit going on, like works from the Louvre and the Terracotta Soldiers, and local folk art works from my favorite artist, Howard Finster. This year’s big exhibit was Dream Cars: […]
Archive | Georgia RSS feed for this section
Tweet In case you hadn’t heard, my hometown of Atlanta was a hot mess last week when we received two inches of snow and had to shut down the city with cars abandoned on the road in a truly spooky Walking Dead style. The last time I experienced a storm like this was before I left […]
TweetWhy yes, it is that time of year where I get to relive my gluttony favorite meals from my travels of the year. I sure got around in 2013, so my favorite eats are certainly varied. And I’ve gotten worse about how many pictures I take of my meals, meaning they are much more frequent. […]
Tweet I may have a mild fear of heights, but I love the views from said heights. Seeing the buildings, cars and trees like tiny dots from above is unparalleled. I’ve been to Surfers Paradise’s Skypoint Tower, Toronto’s CN Tower and of course the Empire State Building in New York City. But it took me […]
TweetI’m a big fan of community-driven websites and companies, namely the concepts behind CouchSurfing and MealSharing. Any opportunity to bring people together is ideal in my book. So when the folks at Lyft got in touch about their recent launch in Atlanta, I was intrigued. Lyft is the most recent in a string of smartphone […]
Tweet I’ve talked about my favorite places to spot street art all over the world, from Berlin’s East Side Gallery to Melbourne’s Hosier Lane. But what about where I live? Atlanta is certainly an “up and coming” city with hip neighborhoods comparable to those in Brooklyn but at half the price. My favorite neighborhoods for […]
TweetSo I may not have been posting here as often as I usually do, mostly due to work commitments, but I have been Instagramming as much as ever. This is the longest I’ve ever lived in Atlanta since I moved away at 18. I always thought this city was lame when I was growing up, […]
TweetI’ve lived in Atlanta for most of my life and have become a professional at having fun with hardly any money. Experiencing the my city doesn’t have to be expensive, as there are plenty of free and cheap things to do in Atlanta. Start by downloading the Scoutmob app on your iPhone, which offers 50% […]
TweetI had originally planned to talk about my trip to Bonnaroo today, but despite so much going on the world that is amazing (defeat of DOMA, women’s rights in Texas), I can’t help but get worked up over something entirely separate. In case you haven’t heard, butter-loving Savannah, Georgia-based Food Network star Paula Deen has […]
TweetI will freely admit that lately, I’ve let content here on Caroline in the City slide. I’ve had a wealth of content and ideas for This Is My South and so much that I barely have time to write and schedule them all. But finding where my travels fit into the theme here is becoming […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Travel Product I Love: Timbuk2 Aviator Backpack September 30, 2014
- Photo Friday: Dream Cars September 26, 2014
- The World’s Longest Border Crossing September 25, 2014
- Travel Brands I Love September 23, 2014
- Photo Friday: New York, NY September 19, 2014
- Dreaming of the land Down Under? | Mojo Today: […] 1. Caroline in the City: Bartending Dow...
- Resources for the Budding Freelance Writer | Alyssa Writes: […] Caroline in the City. She does monthly t...
- The Weekly 7: September 21: […] posts going around right now — I g...
- Caroline: Great points, George! Not everyone is ready for co...
- George: Hey, thanks for the link! As much as people like m...