TweetThroughout my travels, I’ve learned that sometimes it’s not about keeping things as cheap as possible. It’s the experiences, not expenses that you remember years later. Some travel splurges are worth making. While I may stress at the time about adjusting my budget for those tours, accommodations or meals, I am always glad I did […]
Archive | Hawaii RSS feed for this section
Tweet On the outskirts of Kolekole and Akaka Falls state parks is the town of Honomu, Hawaii. It looks like it could be straight out of the Wild West and transported onto a tropical island. On my trip to Hawaii last June, my sisters, mother and I stumbled upon this magical town. On the main […]
TweetFood trucks are the new “in” way to experience different kinds of cuisines. There’s plenty of appeal there: food is cheap, portable and snack sized portions. You can grab tacos from one truck to go with wontons from another. Even award-winning chefs have set up food trucks and popup restaurants. So where can you find […]
Tweet I know you’ve already read all about my crazy year. The things I did. The books I read. But did I mention how much food I ate? I seriously do not know how I fit on the plane without a seatbelt extender. This was also the year I started being a serious blog geek […]
Tweet Despite the drama of our stay on the Big Island, we were excited about visiting Volcanoes National Park. It’s one of the only places in the country where you can visit an active volcano. Unfortunately for us, there are very few places in the park to see a live lava flow, since many parts […]
TweetI took the most video on my flight over Kaua’i, but I had a lot of other clips to share. I threw them all together and added some good tunes. Enjoy!
TweetI’m the first to admit that I’m not a morning person, nor am I a nature person. So when you combine the two, it makes for a very cranky Caroline. I thought my family had learned their lesson when we decided to go hiking in Maine, but apparently not. So when I was told we […]
TweetThe other day I was watching the Great Food Truck Race with Tyler Florence and it reminded me of how many I saw in Hawaii for all types of food. It’s amazing how they can transform vans, buses and pretty much any vehicle into a mobile kitchen. Magoo’s Burgers, Diamondhead State Park, Honolulu, Oahu Seafood […]
Tweet After a rocky start to the Big Island, I was excited to see Kona, a place I had heard a lot about. Our first stop of the day was lunch at Kona Brewing Company, where I crossed another brewery tour off my Life List. What makes their food so good is that they reuse […]
Tweet I’m suddenly wishing we had chosen the GPS option at the rental car desk. Maybe then we would have some idea of where we were going. Still feeling the jetlag from a flight back in time, from Sydney to Honolulu, I just needed some sugar in my system. If I could only find this […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Photo Essay: The Great Ocean Road February 21, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Disappointment at Pamukkale December 6, 2013
- An American in Gallipoli December 5, 2013
- The Tombs of Myra December 3, 2013
- Photo Friday: Blue Mosque at Night November 29, 2013
- Thankful List 2013 November 28, 2013
- Annie@GreenTravelReviews: Fit's perfectly! I was hoping to go to Hawaii thi...
- Top Travel Blogs: #SeeTheWorld Creation Curation – Part II: […] The Art of the Day Trip by Caroline in t...
- Jamie S.: I have never been to Australia but reading your po...
- Lou: I have never been to Brighton Beach, but I had bee...
- Link Love (1) | Sky vs World: […] a different note, Caroline from Caroline...