Tweet Perhaps no place has surprised me as much as Hawaii. I always imagined it to be overrun with tourists, all staying at all-inclusive resorts, sunning themselves over overpriced mai tais. But instead, what I found on my trip back in 2011 was hearty food with Asian influences, road trips to every corner of the […]
Archive | Hawaii RSS feed for this section
TweetSomething lately has left my mind on Hawaii. Perhaps it’s that my friend was just married there (congrats, Kelsi!) or that it was an important place to me a few years ago, serving as a break during my time in Australia. I had been away from my family for six months, the longest I’d been […]
TweetThroughout my travels, I’ve learned that sometimes it’s not about keeping things as cheap as possible. It’s the experiences, not expenses that you remember years later. Some travel splurges are worth making. While I may stress at the time about adjusting my budget for those tours, accommodations or meals, I am always glad I did […]
Tweet On the outskirts of Kolekole and Akaka Falls state parks is the town of Honomu, Hawaii. It looks like it could be straight out of the Wild West and transported onto a tropical island. On my trip to Hawaii last June, my sisters, mother and I stumbled upon this magical town. On the main […]
TweetFood trucks are the new “in” way to experience different kinds of cuisines. There’s plenty of appeal there: food is cheap, portable and snack sized portions. You can grab tacos from one truck to go with wontons from another. Even award-winning chefs have set up food trucks and popup restaurants. So where can you find […]
Tweet I know you’ve already read all about my crazy year. The things I did. The books I read. But did I mention how much food I ate? I seriously do not know how I fit on the plane without a seatbelt extender. This was also the year I started being a serious blog geek […]
Tweet Despite the drama of our stay on the Big Island, we were excited about visiting Volcanoes National Park. It’s one of the only places in the country where you can visit an active volcano. Unfortunately for us, there are very few places in the park to see a live lava flow, since many parts […]
TweetI took the most video on my flight over Kaua’i, but I had a lot of other clips to share. I threw them all together and added some good tunes. Enjoy!
Tweet I’m the first to admit that I’m not a morning person, nor am I a nature person. So when you combine the two, it makes for a very cranky Caroline. I thought my family had learned their lesson when we decided to go hiking in Maine, but apparently not. So when I was told […]
TweetThe other day I was watching the Great Food Truck Race with Tyler Florence and it reminded me of how many I saw in Hawaii for all types of food. It’s amazing how they can transform vans, buses and pretty much any vehicle into a mobile kitchen. Magoo’s Burgers, Diamondhead State Park, Honolulu, Oahu Seafood […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Behind the Curtain: August 2016 August 23, 2016
- Photo Friday: Mobile, Alabama August 19, 2016
- Planning a Trip to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Parks August 16, 2016
- Travel Writing Round Up [August 2016] August 12, 2016
- A Beer Lover’s Guide to Colorado August 9, 2016
- Caroline: Maria, I recommend some of the "glamping" option...
- Caroline: Yes, Karen, there are definitely still aggressive ...
- Caroline: Hey Audrey, Scroll down to the bottom for the cat...
- Maria: Great guide! I imagine I will be visiting Yellowst...
- KareninCalabria: I visited Yellowstone a number of years ago and pa...