Tweet Many “independent” travelers are immediately turned off by the word tour. They picture large groups huddled around a tour guide with an umbrella or worse, a portable microphone, spouting out facts about whatever random attraction they’re standing in front of. They picture fanny packs and knee high socks and massive tour buses. The hear […]
Archive | Ireland RSS feed for this section
Tweet 1. The Brazen Head Pub, 2. Sammi and Lindsay with their empty Guinnesses and mine still half full It took me the whole day in Dublin to recover from my London New Years. An early morning Ryanair flight and an afternoon nap later, Sammi, Lindsay and I went downstairs at our hostel to read. A […]
Tweet It doesn’t take much to make a favorite travel memory in Ireland, but this one had nothing to do with Guinness or pubs (although I’ve got some of those too). My sister, her roommate and I were at the mid-trip fork in the road. I had hit London pretty hard in the first half for New […]
Tweet Ruins of a house atop Richmond Hill in Cork, Ireland A couple of things to discuss. 1. I realized that when I changed my domain name, I lost all my previous comments. This gives me major sads. So please comment it up! 2. My LinkWithin widget is showing posts that you can’t find because they are from […]
Tweet Don’t fall off the Cliffs of Moher If you’ve read Joan at Charleston Daily Photo‘s blog for a while, you know her niece is part of the indie rock duo The Handsome Furs. Check out their adventures through Asia in this episode of their show Indie Asia on Tour with The Handsome Furs on CNN. It’s a really […]
Tweet I thought this picture captured Temple Bar completely: the iconic sign, talkative people, and energy.
TweetDublin 1-1-09 After a rough morning, we checked out of Palmer’s Lodge. We took the bus to Stansted Airport. We bought snacks to eat while we waited. It is the mid-trip lull, where you can’t imagine it being any longer, but you soon regain momentum. The Ryanair flight was short and we got there by 5:00. It took […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Photo Friday: El Yunque National Forest, Puerto Rico August 22, 2014
- How to See Vieques, Puerto Rico August 21, 2014
- Eating and Drinking in Puerto Rico August 19, 2014
- Visiting the Bacardi Rum Distillery August 15, 2014
- Adventures in Transportation: Southeast Asia August 14, 2014
- Emma: Sounds like a fun tour, I had no idea of all the c...
- Laura: Sounds like fun, I love brewery and distillery tou...
- The Guy: Whilst I don't drink rum I am certainly very fami...
- Polly: Everything looks so much nicer than I'd imagine! ...
- Laura: I'm in the process of planning my travels around ...