Tweet It started with the words you never want to hear: “I’m sorry but we seem to have overbooked. We don’t have a room for you.” I was traveling by train through Italy with my parents, sisters and grandmother in the summer of 2006 for Sammi‘s Sweet 16 trip. So far we had good luck, [...]
Archive | Italy RSS feed for this section
TweetAs a part of our family tradition of going on a trip for our sixteenth birthdays, my family landed in Florence, Italy for Sammi‘s 16th, which also fell on the day after my high school graduation. I could already tell it was going to be one of my favorite stops on the trip (out of [...]
Tweet A pigeon takes a rest on the fountain I pulled these babies out of the CITC archives this week (lots more where these came from) from my Italy trip in 2006. Watching Eat Pray Love made me want to go back. And this time I will know more of the language. The Pantheon I’ve been [...]
TweetHere are my favorites from my Italy trip in May 2006. San Pietro with poppies in the foreground (Rome) The Colosseum (Rome) Man watching his tiny little car, my favorite (Rome) Bramante’s Tempietto (Rome) Somewhere in Rome…I can’t quite recall A garden path at our hotel (Siena) Trevi Fountain (Rome) Other side of the Arno from [...]
About Caroline in the City
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. Read more. br>
Which City is Caroline in?
Find it on CITC
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Photo Essay: The Great Ocean Road February 21, 2011
- The Australian Adventure: Six Months In July 25, 2011
- Introducing the #Tweet2Toronto Journey May 20, 2013
- Photo Essay: Cats of the Hemingway House May 17, 2013
- Paddleboarding with Manatees May 15, 2013
- Space Travel: The Final Frontier May 13, 2013
- Photo Essay: Miami Street Art May 10, 2013
- Peter: Thanks for this nice and decent post to tell about...
- Five Inspiring Travel Reads this Week « The Glovebox Blog from ArgusCarHire.com: [...] Space Travel: The Final Frontier [...]...
- Kim Harrison: Here's a music video about Riverview, the abandon...
- Jess: I've been thinking about this now that there's t...
- Caroline: It was fantastic, Naomi! It makes me wish I lived ...