TweetThere’s not always enough time to devote a full stay at a given destination, which is where the day trip comes into play. Throughout my travels, if I’ve found myself with an extra day, I’ll take the train to another city to wander around. It allows me to see something new without having to deviate […]
Archive | Massachusetts RSS feed for this section
TweetI don’t have a special connection with Boston. While I loved the city, I only got to spend less than two full days there, which wasn’t nearly enough. But I have friends from Boston and some who still live there. I don’t even consider myself a runner, despite running a race every month this year. […]
Tweet Is it just me or is this exactly how you imagine Cape Cod to be? We didn’t stay for long, but long enough to realize we were a little too grubby to stay here for long.
Tweet It’s not a place to spend more than a day, but the spooky Salem as a good stopover en route to or from Boston. Everything is witch-themed (t-shirts, restaurants, etc.), since the town is the site of the 1692 Witch Trials. The stop was especially necessary for Rachel, who was reading The Crucible for school. Definitely walk […]
Tweet On our Great American Road Trip, we did something no other traveler should attempt- trying to see all of Boston in one day. We had to make sacrifices, but we all mentioned at least one thing we wanted to do. For my dad, it was Fenway, home of the Boston Red Sox. This much was no brainer. […]
Tweet Plymouth may just be the most anticlimactic American monument in existence. The rock itself is in a gazebo surrounded by a fence and couldn’t be bigger than four by five feet tops. The fake rock we made for my third grade Thanksgiving play was more impressive. I couldn’t find the epic picture of my third grade […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Beng Mealea: The Temple That Almost Wasn’t July 25, 2014
- Mui Ne’s Red Sand Dunes July 24, 2014
- Where Uncle Ho Meets Mother Russia July 22, 2014
- Can You Have Roots and Wings? July 18, 2014
- Lured Into the Charms of Hoi An July 17, 2014
- Nguyen: Wow that's awesome! I'm glad you enjoy my countr...
- Caroline: Thanks for the comment, Clare! Digital media has c...
- Clare Laming: I understand wholeheartedly. I talked to another e...
- Ryan Z: Does it just keep burning the whole time you drink...
- Caroline: Thanks for correcting me, Henry! I've fixed them ...