Tweet Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.– Martin Luther King Jr. We start our tour in Atlanta, Georgia, where Martin Luther King, Jr. was born and where much of his work was done. In the Sweet Auburn neighborhood, you will find [...]
Archive | Memphis RSS feed for this section
Tweet Memphis is the former home of legendary musician Elvis Presley and having grown up listening to his music with my grandparents, I knew I had to visit Graceland. We purchased tickets online before leaving Nashville to ensure we got in, since even in low season, thousands of people pass through the gates at Graceland. [...]
Tweet Before making the trip, I’d heard mixed reviews of Memphis. I was told that there was good food, but that it was “dangerous.” It’s larger than Nashville and was the setting of Martin Luther King Jr.’s assassination. But as with everything, I set out to form my own opinion. I liked the downtown area, [...]
About Caroline in the City
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. Read more. br>
Which City is Caroline in?
Find it on CITC
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- The Australian Adventure: Six Months In July 25, 2011
- Photo Essay: The Great Ocean Road February 21, 2011
- Photo Essay: Cats of the Hemingway House May 17, 2013
- Paddleboarding with Manatees May 15, 2013
- Space Travel: The Final Frontier May 13, 2013
- Photo Essay: Miami Street Art May 10, 2013
- Best Free and Cheap Things to Do in Sydney May 8, 2013
- Peter: Thanks for this nice and decent post to tell about...
- Five Inspiring Travel Reads this Week « The Glovebox Blog from ArgusCarHire.com: [...] Space Travel: The Final Frontier [...]...
- Kim Harrison: Here's a music video about Riverview, the abandon...
- Jess: I've been thinking about this now that there's t...
- Caroline: It was fantastic, Naomi! It makes me wish I lived ...