TweetI’ve always been fascinated with abandoned spaces since the first time I saw the run down family home on my grandmother’s street in Adairsville, Georgia. What makes these places become abandoned? Who forgot about them? What did they leave behind? I’m in love with the stories and have even created an Abandoned Spaces Pinterest board, […]
Archive | New Orleans RSS feed for this section
Tweet My college friend Marina and I were chatting over dinner one night on her visit home from Portland, where she was living at the time. We discussed taking a trip to New Orleans since I hadn’t been since I was young and she had never been. But as most conversations happen, I quickly forgot. […]
TweetMention New Orleans to anyone and a few words will pop into their heads. Mardi Gras, Bourbon Street, open container and debauchery may be just a few. But there is so much more to the city’s drinking culture. It’s ironic that of the places where you can walk around with an open container of alcohol […]
TweetThe heart of New Orleans, and the South in general, is in the food. No trip to the city is complete without indulging in the many tasty dishes, some traditional and others less so. Here are my favorite meals from my weekend in New Orleans, Louisiana. Beignets, Café du Monde If you’ve never had a […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Photo Essay: Abandoned Vieques, Puerto Rico August 26, 2014
- Photo Friday: El Yunque National Forest, Puerto Rico August 22, 2014
- How to See Vieques, Puerto Rico August 21, 2014
- Eating and Drinking in Puerto Rico August 19, 2014
- Visiting the Bacardi Rum Distillery August 15, 2014
- Victoria@ The British Berliner: Sounds really good and free too! Very nice. :)...
- Victoria@ The British Berliner: I totally agree. I would say that the transport I ...
- Otto Zambrana: I went to Puerto Rico with my mexican girlfriend a...
- Fisher Tom: Wow, I have never been in shrimping cruise =) Glad...
- VagueVil: If you're going to write about Puerto Rican food,...