TweetI’ve always been fascinated with abandoned spaces since the first time I saw the run down family home on my grandmother’s street in Adairsville, Georgia. What makes these places become abandoned? Who forgot about them? What did they leave behind? I’m in love with the stories and have even created an Abandoned Spaces Pinterest board, […]
Archive | New Orleans RSS feed for this section
Tweet My college friend Marina and I were chatting over dinner one night on her visit home from Portland, where she was living at the time. We discussed taking a trip to New Orleans since I hadn’t been since I was young and she had never been. But as most conversations happen, I quickly forgot. […]
TweetMention New Orleans to anyone and a few words will pop into their heads. Mardi Gras, Bourbon Street, open container and debauchery may be just a few. But there is so much more to the city’s drinking culture. It’s ironic that of the places where you can walk around with an open container of alcohol […]
TweetThe heart of New Orleans, and the South in general, is in the food. No trip to the city is complete without indulging in the many tasty dishes, some traditional and others less so. Here are my favorite meals from my weekend in New Orleans, Louisiana. Beignets, Café du Monde If you’ve never had a […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Where I’ve Been Lately June 30, 2015
- On Charleston, Tragedies and Community June 26, 2015
- Photo Friday: Charleston, South Carolina June 5, 2015
- Adventures in Eating Overseas June 4, 2015
- Travel Writing Round Up [June 2015] June 2, 2015
- Caroline: Thanks for reading, Robyn. There aren't official ...
- Edna: When are you in London?? I'll be there in August!...
- Robyn Mason: Hello Caroline, May I ask if there are guided tou...
- Palash Ghosh: Halong Bay was a beautiful place to take rest afte...
- Jayne: Sounds exciting! My blog goes a bit quiet too when...