TweetEvery trip to New York, I try to build in at least one day of exploring. I lost my day off this trip due to the snowstorm, but I woke up early before I flew home so that I could visit the The Morgan Library & Museum, which I’d read about on my friend Christine’s blog. […]
Archive | New York RSS feed for this section
Tweet If there’s one American city I’ve been to more than any other (that I haven’t lived in), it’s probably New York City. In the last few years, I’ve gone every six months and have my own little home in Hell’s Kitchen, particularly the few blocks between my hotel and the Javits Center. One of […]
Tweet I hardly any concrete travel plans as of today, but I know that will change. I’m leaving my year open to possibilities, because I’ve been pleasantly surprised thus far! I hope for another opportunity like Malaysia, which was unexpected and amazing. But here are the few places on my radar for 2015, apart from […]
TweetI’ve been to five countries and countless cities this year, eating my way through the best food as I went. I think with my stomach at all times and when you flip through the photos from my trip, it shows. Since giving up dairy last November, I’ve had more limited options than I did in […]
Tweet My bi-yearly trips to New York have become one of my favorite times of year, as it allows me to see the city in both summer and winter. I get the chance to explore and catch up with friends before starting work for the trade show. This time around, we were scheduled on an […]
Tweet Everyone always thinks that this blog name, Caroline in the City, is a play on the novel and subsequent television and film franchise Sex and the City, when in fact it’s based on the 1990s sitcom. But I play off of the show anyways. My Twitter bio reads, “A lil bit Samantha Brown, a lil […]
Tweet Atlanta’s unexpectedly terrible snowstorm had me thinking I may not make it out to New York, where I was working the NY Now trade show for the second time. But after a long winding ride to the airport, two canceled flights and one delayed flight, we made it to a cold New York City […]
Tweet During my brief stay in New York I stayed at Ink48 Hotel, within walking distance of the Javits Convention Center where I was working. On previous trips I’ve stayed in Times Square, the Upper East Side and next to Central Park. This time around the neighborhood of choice was Hell’s Kitchen, named for a […]
Tweet September 11, 2011. It was the ten year anniversary of the attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon. I went to work at my bartending gig in Sydney like I would on any other day of my year long working holiday. It felt surreal to be experiencing such a somber anniversary for my country […]
Tweet Before starting a full week of long hours at work, my sister and I decided to spend a few hours wandering around New York. We had enough time to drop our bags off at the hotel before lunch at Five Napkin Burger with Lauren, one of my good friends from my time in Australia. […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Photo Friday: Eureka Springs, Arkansas May 22, 2015
- How to Have a Girls Weekend in Charleston May 15, 2015
- Maxwell Scott’s Raffaelle: My New Favorite Toiletry Bag May 14, 2015
- Where to Go After Graduation May 8, 2015
- Post Graduate Options for Travelers May 7, 2015
- Caroline: Hi Michael, Thanks for reading. I do say clearly t...
- Michael King: RE: Noah's "Fixer Upper" from The Notebook ...
- Jean Mcwilson: I always knew the Vietnamese would have crazy food...
- biro jasa stnk: This information is very helpful thank me :D...
- Megan | Traveling Nine to Fiver: Sounds like a fun trip. I haven't been to Charles...