Tweet My bi-yearly trips to New York have become one of my favorite times of year, as it allows me to see the city in both summer and winter. I get the chance to explore and catch up with friends before starting work for the trade show. This time around, we were scheduled on an […]
Archive | New York RSS feed for this section
Tweet Everyone always thinks that this blog name, Caroline in the City, is a play on the novel and subsequent television and film franchise Sex and the City, when in fact it’s based on the 1990s sitcom. But I play off of the show anyways. My Twitter bio reads, “A lil bit Samantha Brown, a lil […]
Tweet Atlanta’s unexpectedly terrible snowstorm had me thinking I may not make it out to New York, where I was working the NY Now trade show for the second time. But after a long winding ride to the airport, two canceled flights and one delayed flight, we made it to a cold New York City […]
Tweet During my brief stay in New York I stayed at Ink48 Hotel, within walking distance of the Javits Convention Center where I was working. On previous trips I’ve stayed in Times Square, the Upper East Side and next to Central Park. This time around the neighborhood of choice was Hell’s Kitchen, named for a […]
Tweet September 11, 2011. It was the ten year anniversary of the attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon. I went to work at my bartending gig in Sydney like I would on any other day of my year long working holiday. It felt surreal to be experiencing such a somber anniversary for my country […]
Tweet Before starting a full week of long hours at work, my sister and I decided to spend a few hours wandering around New York. We had enough time to drop our bags off at the hotel before lunch at Five Napkin Burger with Lauren, one of my good friends from my time in Australia. […]
Tweet I mentioned last week in my career and life update that I’m going to New York next month. I wanted to go into further detail about that trip and what I need from you, my readers and friends. I’ve been to New York a handful of times in my life, almost always for something […]
Tweet My family loves to travel. I’m lucky to have that in common with them. One trip we always said we would take was Thanksgiving in New York City, but we wanted to wait until my cousin Caitlin was old enough to remember it. Two years ago, we did just that. After waking up early […]
Tweet In case you didn’t hear, I went to New York for the second Travel Blog Exchange. I had a lot of dilemmas in choosing where to stay for many reasons. First, I was traveling by myself, so it’s not like I could share a room with someone coming with me. I wanted to pick somewhere […]
Tweet As you know, I left bright and early Thursday morning for New York City, only 48 hours from my last trip. I think I have some sort of jetlag masochism to go to Hartsfield again. But there I was. I could talk about the details (I stayed at Broadway Hotel and Hostel and hit a lot of […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Best Free and Cheap Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur November 25, 2014
- Photo Essay: Annah Rais Homestay, Malaysia November 22, 2014
- Views from the Petronas Towers November 20, 2014
- Scenes from Deepavali in Malaysia November 18, 2014
- An Afternoon with Orangutans November 14, 2014
- Katie: Wow! This is a great list. I'll definitely check ...
- rebecca: This is an amazing list! Thanks for the resources...
- rebecca: pretty cool! I love the photo with the colourful b...
- rebecca: oh wow! what an amazing experience! Just discovere...
- Caroline: I bet that was amazing to see Stacey! Thanks for r...