Tweet September 11, 2011. It was the ten year anniversary of the attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon. I went to work at my bartending gig in Sydney like I would on any other day of my year long working holiday. It felt surreal to be experiencing such a somber anniversary for my country […]
Archive | North America RSS feed for this section
Tweet Continuing my series on how to experience expensive cities for cheap, I headed to the land of nightclubs and beaches: Miami. While it’s not quite on par with Sydney or London, Miami is certainly one of the more expensive cities in the United States, particularly when it comes to accommodation and parking. If you […]
Tweet via peo pea Call me a glutton for pain, but I seem to have an attraction to long overland journeys. My family and I drove up the entire east coast of the United States to Maine and back. I took a Greyhound bus all the way up the east coast of Australia, from Sydney […]
TweetI don’t have a special connection with Boston. While I loved the city, I only got to spend less than two full days there, which wasn’t nearly enough. But I have friends from Boston and some who still live there. I don’t even consider myself a runner, despite running a race every month this year. […]
Tweet My college friend Marina and I were chatting over dinner one night on her visit home from Portland, where she was living at the time. We discussed taking a trip to New Orleans since I hadn’t been since I was young and she had never been. But as most conversations happen, I quickly forgot. […]
TweetMention New Orleans to anyone and a few words will pop into their heads. Mardi Gras, Bourbon Street, open container and debauchery may be just a few. But there is so much more to the city’s drinking culture. It’s ironic that of the places where you can walk around with an open container of alcohol […]
TweetThe heart of New Orleans, and the South in general, is in the food. No trip to the city is complete without indulging in the many tasty dishes, some traditional and others less so. Here are my favorite meals from my weekend in New Orleans, Louisiana. Beignets, Café du Monde If you’ve never had a […]
Tweet My sister Sammi just moved home from another summer in Asheville and a few days after she got back, we took a spur of the moment trip to Pawleys Island, South Carolina to celebrate the birthday of our friend Liza, who recently moved there. I’ve had a love-hate relationship with the area, Myrtle Beach especially, […]
Tweet Although it’s still warm here in Georgia, when I first got back from Australia, the whole family went to North Carolina for Sammi’s graduation. I bundled up in as much clothing as I could but you could imagine my body’s dislike to go from one extreme temperature to the next. Before watching Sammi grab […]
Tweet Asheville, North Carolina is known as Beer City USA for having the most breweries per capita. Big name breweries like Sierra Nevada and New Belgium have recently added operations on the East Coast with Oskar Blues making plans to do the same. The best places to drink in Asheville are at the tasting rooms […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Wild and Weird Darwin April 24, 2014
- Sunset Kayaking in Melbourne April 22, 2014
- An Education in Australian Wildlife at Taronga Zoo April 18, 2014
- Tune Hotels: A La Carte Luxury April 17, 2014
- Tasting Melbourne’s Coffee Culture April 15, 2014
- Beverley | Pack Your Passport: So glad you enjoyed this Caroline! I did this exac...
- Rashaad: Congratulations! I've actually completed two half...
- Cologne Tourist Attractions / Travel Guide / Tips / Blog: […] Cologne’s Kolsch Experience […]...
- The Guy: I've stayed in a lot of Melbourne hotels and inde...
- Beverley | Pack Your Passport: Aw I never went to any of these places while I was...