TweetIn case you haven’t heard, I’m currently on my way down to Florida for a press trip I’ve organized myself in cooperation with many destinations. I’ve already listed the details on a page, but I wanted to present it as a post and to add details that I’ve just received! In an effort to see [...]
Archive | road trip RSS feed for this section
Tweet I’ve traveled solo in Europe and Australia, but not much in my country. It’s easy to road trip with family and friends, but not as easy for the solo traveler. I spoke with Christine Amorose towards the end of her USA road trip about what it’s like to travel in the United States, the frustrations [...]
Tweet image via Australian Tours R Us If you’ve been reading my blog for the past year, you might have heard about the road trip I took with my family from Georgia up to Maine and back, which was known in my blog posts as the East Coast Road Trip. I am now planning another [...]
TweetAfter a short stop at the Big Merino, I was reminded of all the great “big” stuff I’ve seen in my time. I love the kitsch of these roadside attractions. There are hundreds here in Australia, but here’s just a taste of what I’ve seen in my travels. The Big Merino, Golburn, New South Wales, [...]
Tweet It’s one of the most iconic drives in all of Australia, reminiscent of California’s Pacific Coast Highway. The GOR has miles and miles of lush green forests, rocky beaches and laid-back surfer towns. Although it’s not on everyone’s Australian to-do list like the Sydney Opera House and Great Barrier Reef, it’s something that you [...]
Tweet Considering I thought I would die of a heat stroke in Canberra, I was hoping for better luck in Melbourne. The looooonnnng drive took a lot out of us, but we got to Melbourne around 5 p.m., just as the dark clouds were looming overhead. We checked into the red, blocky Base Backpackers St. [...]
TweetIf Sydney’s the city you want to hook up with and Melbourne is the city you want to date, then you could say Canberra is that drunken one night stand that you’d like to forget. Or so I came to believe when I told Sydneysiders that it was the next stop on my road trip. [...]
Tweet A sane person would never agree to a last minute road trip to the middle of nowhere right before said person was supposed to embark on an expensive trip to London. As you may have already determined, I am no sane person. In an inebriated state of Halloween madness, my friend Christine asked me [...]
Tweet Chickamauga Battlefield I forgot all about these pictures until I started compiling them for a future post about small Southern towns. Two summers ago, my sister Sammi and I took a day trip to Chattanooga, TN. We wanted to do something fun before going to our separate schools. It had been years since we had [...]
Tweet As a part of our East Coast Road Trip, my dad wanted to go to this huge bridge about 4 hours out of the way in West Virginia. I couldn’t have been less interested, but it was pretty amazing. The New River Gorge is in Fayetteville, West Virginia and spans one of the longest rivers in [...]
About Caroline in the City
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. Read more. br>
Which City is Caroline in?
Find it on CITC
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- The Australian Adventure: Six Months In July 25, 2011
- Photo Essay: The Great Ocean Road February 21, 2011
- Caroline in the Everglades May 22, 2013
- Introducing the #Tweet2Toronto Journey May 20, 2013
- Photo Essay: Cats of the Hemingway House May 17, 2013
- Paddleboarding with Manatees May 15, 2013
- Space Travel: The Final Frontier May 13, 2013
- Katka: Awesome!!! I am SO excited about your journey! I...
- Jeff @ Go Travelzing: What a cool way to get to TBEX. Who knew you coul...
- Kate: Great photos! Stand up paddle boarding is super ea...
- Peter: Thanks for this nice and decent post to tell about...
- Five Inspiring Travel Reads this Week « The Glovebox Blog from ArgusCarHire.com: [...] Space Travel: The Final Frontier [...]...