Tweet I have a secret that I am ashamed to share, but I feel like I have to. I hear the terrible news about female travelers getting murdered, beaten or raped abroad. Their names are seared into my memory. I think, and others vocalize, “How did they get themselves into that situation?” As if it [...]
Archive | RTW RSS feed for this section
Tweet When you’re traveling, it’s easy to fall into the rut of greasy fast food out of cost and convenience. But it doesn’t have to be that way and you don’t have to subject yourself to plane food. I’ve got a few go-to recipes and snacks that I use in airports and hostel dorms all [...]
TweetAlthough I’m a big fan of independent travel and planning my own adventures, sometimes, with specific destinations, it’s best to leave the planning up to the experts. On my first trip to Europe without my family, Christine and I decided to go with EF College Break because we only had a week before we had [...]
TweetThere is a long list of songs that gets me pumped up for a trip. It may be songs that remind me of home, songs that get me excited to see a new place or songs that are just plain catchy. Here is my list of tunes that are a must for your travel playlist. [...]
Tweet Let’s face it. Backpacker’s don’t have the best reputation. They’re known for not showering enough, drinking too much and trying to get the absolute lowest price for everything. We’ve all been penny-pinching backpackers at some point and it gives us a lot of life lessons. You may pass up a night at a hotel [...]
Tweet Since I am starving in the desert known as the pre-trip departure months, I ordered one of each of STA Travel’s brochures, starting with one for Australia, for obvious research. Instead, I found myself in full on travel porn mode, flipping out at images of Fiji, South Africa and Brazil. I realize that I can’t [...]
Tweet Host Barbara Pagano of YourSabbatical.com working the crowds I wasn’t sure what I would get out of Meet Plan Go! at first. After all, it’s not like I have some great career to take a break from. I’m not even sure if I will ever have a career. But I went anyways, to see my fellow [...]
Tweet I’m about halfway through my pre-travel period. It’s been a little over 3 months since I decided to go to Australia and I’ve only been saving up since the end of July. It took me a month or so to pay off my debts from the last trip (my grandmother loaned me money for [...]
Tweet I was familiar with the trip relationship concept long before one of my fellow travelers told me about his “bus girlfriend,” or the girl he hooked up with while on BusAbout‘s Eastern Trekker tour. It made perfect sense: enjoy each others’ company for a week or two, then at the end of the trip, promise to [...]
TweetI know you’re sick of hearing about Croatia, but this is different…sort of. I haven’t reviewed a hostel in a while (mostly because I hadn’t stayed in one in a while), so I thought I would assess my summer hostel stays. [photo] Part of what I loved about Split was the people I met at my [...]
About Caroline in the City
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. Read more. br>
Which City is Caroline in?
Find it on CITC
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- The Australian Adventure: Six Months In July 25, 2011
- Photo Essay: The Great Ocean Road February 21, 2011
- Photo Essay: Cats of the Hemingway House May 17, 2013
- Paddleboarding with Manatees May 15, 2013
- Space Travel: The Final Frontier May 13, 2013
- Photo Essay: Miami Street Art May 10, 2013
- Best Free and Cheap Things to Do in Sydney May 8, 2013
- Peter: Thanks for this nice and decent post to tell about...
- Five Inspiring Travel Reads this Week « The Glovebox Blog from ArgusCarHire.com: [...] Space Travel: The Final Frontier [...]...
- Kim Harrison: Here's a music video about Riverview, the abandon...
- Jess: I've been thinking about this now that there's t...
- Caroline: It was fantastic, Naomi! It makes me wish I lived ...