TweetFood trucks are the new “in” way to experience different kinds of cuisines. There’s plenty of appeal there: food is cheap, portable and snack sized portions. You can grab tacos from one truck to go with wontons from another. Even award-winning chefs have set up food trucks and popup restaurants. So where can you find [...]
Archive | San Francisco RSS feed for this section
Tweet “You get in!” the Chinese cab driver barked at us. Not the way to start a new relationship. My friend and I were awake at 7 a.m. to see off her brother and his fraternity brothers as they rode their bikes across the country. We left with enough time to make the fifteen minute [...]
Tweet Nearly everyone who has been to San Francisco has visited the “Painted Ladies” of Alamo Square. You’ve probably seen the iconic Victorian style all in rows, or you’ve seen them on the show Full House. It was very sunny on this particular day, so many of the pictures didn’t turn out great, but it [...]
TweetPeople asked what I did in San Francisco and the only thing I can definitively say is “Eat.” Yes, I saw Alcatraz and yes, I saw Fisherman’s Wharf, but what really stuck with me was the food. If you follow me on Instagram, you probably think I’ve gained 50 pounds just from the last weekend. [...]
Tweet San Francisco Highlights from Caroline Eubanks on Vimeo. I threw together a video of some clips I took on my trip to San Francisco. All of them were taken with my iPhone 4 and Canon T1i DSLR. Enjoy!
Tweet It had been twelve years since I’d laid eyes on the island. But it looked very much the same as I remembered it. I went through the same motions: waiting in line, having my photo taken and boarding the ferry. I made my way past the same sign to have my picture taken. It [...]
TweetI’m not much of a sweet tooth as I’m more of a savory person, but with a cupcake fanatic for a best friend, I knew we would have our share of desserts on our trip to San Francisco. Before we even landed, she had mapped out the city’s best cupcakes on her iPhone. Beignets from [...]
Tweet I’ve been on a spree lately, featuring my favorite funky spots, including Atlanta’s Little Five Points and Los Angeles’ Venice Beach. So I couldn’t go to San Francisco without visiting hippie heaven in Haight-Ashbury. A local on the MUNI told me that Haight-Ashbury has become very commercial (as evidenced in the feature photo, in [...]
Tweet If you’ve been stalking following me on Facebook, you might have heard that my friend Scotti texted me last week to get me to take a few days off work at the end of the month. She said we were going on a trip but wouldn’t tell me where. All I knew was that I [...]
About Caroline in the City
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. Read more. br>
Which City is Caroline in?
Find it on CITC
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- The Australian Adventure: Six Months In July 25, 2011
- Photo Essay: The Great Ocean Road February 21, 2011
- Caroline in the Everglades May 22, 2013
- Introducing the #Tweet2Toronto Journey May 20, 2013
- Photo Essay: Cats of the Hemingway House May 17, 2013
- Paddleboarding with Manatees May 15, 2013
- Space Travel: The Final Frontier May 13, 2013
- Naomi: Wow, that looks like an amazing hostel! Looks like...
- Owhnn: It was a pleasure having Caroline in the City here...
- Katka: Awesome!!! I am SO excited about your journey! I...
- Jeff @ Go Travelzing: What a cool way to get to TBEX. Who knew you coul...
- Kate: Great photos! Stand up paddle boarding is super ea...