TweetOne of my resolutions for the year was to say more to more things, more trips, more writing work, when I don’t have time to do it all. That was shot to hell for the month of April, as I’ll be moving almost non-stop. I’m going on four trips and have an overnight staycation campaign […]
Archive | South Carolina RSS feed for this section
Tweet You can visit a place dozens of times without every seeing it fully. I lived in Charleston for four years and went to Myrtle Beach every year for a student conference. I also visited a few times for a wedding and to visit a friend. But until now, I never did the touristy things […]
Tweet In the last few weeks, the Carolinas have been hard hit with storms and major flooding. Coastal areas have been affected, but it’s been the midlands and their faulty dams that have seen the most casualties. It’s been under a state of emergency and many areas are still without power and drinkable water. The […]
Tweet Such a sad time in Charleston. I know a part of you will always be there. These are the words texted from my grandmother (yes, she texts!) last week after I’d heard about the shooting of nine people at a historic church in downtown Charleston. For a few days, it didn’t seem real. I […]
Tweet It’s an odd feeling being a tourist in a place you used to call home, but that’s just what I did on my most recent trip to Charleston. I went back to the tourist attractions I never went to before and ones I returned to in order to take better photos of. I’m working […]
Tweet One of the best places in the world for a girlfriend getaway is my former home of Charleston, South Carolina. I lived there for four years, two of which were in a house with five other girls, so you could say I’m something of an expert. The restaurants, bars, shopping and especially the beaches […]
Tweet My four years living in Charleston meant I never went to any other beaches. And why would I? I could be laying on the white sand of Sullivan’s Island within fifteen minutes of leaving my house. So I missed out on trips to South Carolina’s other beaches like Hilton Head Island. The family friendly […]
Tweet I hardly any concrete travel plans as of today, but I know that will change. I’m leaving my year open to possibilities, because I’ve been pleasantly surprised thus far! I hope for another opportunity like Malaysia, which was unexpected and amazing. But here are the few places on my radar for 2015, apart from […]
TweetI’ve been to five countries and countless cities this year, eating my way through the best food as I went. I think with my stomach at all times and when you flip through the photos from my trip, it shows. Since giving up dairy last November, I’ve had more limited options than I did in […]
TweetWhy yes, it is that time of year where I get to relive my gluttony favorite meals from my travels of the year. I sure got around in 2013, so my favorite eats are certainly varied. And I’ve gotten worse about how many pictures I take of my meals, meaning they are much more frequent. […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Photo Friday: Boca Chica, Dominican Republic April 29, 2016
- Atlanta’s Best Cocktail Bars April 26, 2016
- A Wellness Weekend in Hot Springs, Arkansas April 22, 2016
- Atlanta’s Best Coffee Shops for the Self-Employed April 20, 2016
- Photo Friday: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic April 15, 2016
- KareninCalabria: The hot baths sound very enticing after a walk in ...
- KareninCalabria: Wow! The water looked lovely in the first few phot...
- 13 Things To Do If You Cannot Travel Abroad Right Now - Scribble, Snap, Travel: […] Girl Versus Globe lists 20 inspiring fem...
- Caroline: I used a backpack, but it's totally up to you. Mi...
- ashley: Hello, Is a suite case a good idea? or would yo...