Tweet In the last few weeks, the Carolinas have been hard hit with storms and major flooding. Coastal areas have been affected, but it’s been the midlands and their faulty dams that have seen the most casualties. It’s been under a state of emergency and many areas are still without power and drinkable water. The […]
Archive | South Carolina RSS feed for this section
Tweet Such a sad time in Charleston. I know a part of you will always be there. These are the words texted from my grandmother (yes, she texts!) last week after I’d heard about the shooting of nine people at a historic church in downtown Charleston. For a few days, it didn’t seem real. I […]
Tweet It’s an odd feeling being a tourist in a place you used to call home, but that’s just what I did on my most recent trip to Charleston. I went back to the tourist attractions I never went to before and ones I returned to in order to take better photos of. I’m working […]
Tweet One of the best places in the world for a girlfriend getaway is my former home of Charleston, South Carolina. I lived there for four years, two of which were in a house with five other girls, so you could say I’m something of an expert. The restaurants, bars, shopping and especially the beaches […]
Tweet My four years living in Charleston meant I never went to any other beaches. And why would I? I could be laying on the white sand of Sullivan’s Island within fifteen minutes of leaving my house. So I missed out on trips to South Carolina’s other beaches like Hilton Head Island. The family friendly […]
Tweet I hardly any concrete travel plans as of today, but I know that will change. I’m leaving my year open to possibilities, because I’ve been pleasantly surprised thus far! I hope for another opportunity like Malaysia, which was unexpected and amazing. But here are the few places on my radar for 2015, apart from […]
TweetI’ve been to five countries and countless cities this year, eating my way through the best food as I went. I think with my stomach at all times and when you flip through the photos from my trip, it shows. Since giving up dairy last November, I’ve had more limited options than I did in […]
TweetWhy yes, it is that time of year where I get to relive my gluttony favorite meals from my travels of the year. I sure got around in 2013, so my favorite eats are certainly varied. And I’ve gotten worse about how many pictures I take of my meals, meaning they are much more frequent. […]
Tweet Many “independent” travelers are immediately turned off by the word tour. They picture large groups huddled around a tour guide with an umbrella or worse, a portable microphone, spouting out facts about whatever random attraction they’re standing in front of. They picture fanny packs and knee high socks and massive tour buses. The hear […]
Tweet In between coming down with an upper respiratory infection and becoming a contributor to Sweet Lemon Magazine’s Zesty Digest blog, I drove up to Charleston for the Charleston Wine + Food Festival. It always feels good to go back, even if it’s not home anymore. I never had the chance to go to the […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Photo Friday: Oxford, Mississippi November 27, 2015
- Warming Up with Stanley Brand (+ Holiday Cocktail Recipes!) November 24, 2015
- Caroline in the City Guide to San Francisco November 19, 2015
- Behind the Curtain: November 2015 November 17, 2015
- Photo Friday: Boone, North Carolina November 13, 2015
- Caroline: @Lisa, I did look into Neilsons but didn't spend ...
- Marcus Eriksson: Didn't visit the Skybar, unfortunately. Next time...
- Lisa Reeves: I fell in love with Oxford after reading about it ...
- KareninCalabria: Nice post. I was in Oxford for a weekend a number ...
- Vivian Caldwell: Great list! Long scarf is "must" for Turkey. Fir...