TweetAustralia is what you could call a bucket list destination. It’s somewhere nearly everyone I’ve ever met has said, “I would love to go there one day.” And why not? You see images of the Great Barrier Reef and Uluru and get sucked into it’s beauty. But not every destination is, in my opinion, worth adding [...]
Archive | Surfers Paradise RSS feed for this section
Tweet It’s Australia’s version of Las Vegas, the sinful Adult Disneyland. Where the meter maids wear gold bikinis and the bartenders work in their underwear. I’m talking about none other than Surfers Paradise in Queensland. I know I mentioned it before back when I was there but since it was rainy for 90% of my [...]
TweetBackpacker bars make the travel scene what it is in Australia: “no worries.” Most major hostels have their own in-house bars but each one is unique, with cheap drinks, activities and rowdy backpackers abound. They’re the only places where you will find a party every night of the week. Sydney ScuBar Located beneath the Sydney [...]
Tweet I stayed in more hostels in Australia than I ever care to count. Some were great, some were disgusting and some weren’t really memorable. In this post I will break them all down with you, in complete honesty, for every hostel I stayed at, in every city I visited. There are a number of large [...]
Tweet In my almost year in Australia, I slept a lot of places. Dozens of hostels, a few floors, friends’ apartments, two boats, tents, swags and countless cities. It all started in Sydney at Tommy’s house in Petersham, where he and his dad graciously let me sleep until I found my own pad. I got [...]
Tweet I know it’s been a while since I’ve done a legit post, but you’re going to have to wait a little longer. I am almost completely up the coast and it feels like I’m running a marathon. I’m pretty backlogged on posts and these pictures are from almost a month ago, but better late [...]
About Caroline in the City
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. Read more. br>
Which City is Caroline in?
Find it on CITC
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- The Australian Adventure: Six Months In July 25, 2011
- Photo Essay: The Great Ocean Road February 21, 2011
- Photo Essay: Cats of the Hemingway House May 17, 2013
- Paddleboarding with Manatees May 15, 2013
- Space Travel: The Final Frontier May 13, 2013
- Photo Essay: Miami Street Art May 10, 2013
- Best Free and Cheap Things to Do in Sydney May 8, 2013
- Peter: Thanks for this nice and decent post to tell about...
- Five Inspiring Travel Reads this Week « The Glovebox Blog from ArgusCarHire.com: [...] Space Travel: The Final Frontier [...]...
- Kim Harrison: Here's a music video about Riverview, the abandon...
- Jess: I've been thinking about this now that there's t...
- Caroline: It was fantastic, Naomi! It makes me wish I lived ...