Tweet The Kingdom of Thailand is famous for its gentle pace of life and tropical year round weather. Taking a cruise is a great way to get a feel for the natural beauty and rich culture of Thailand, and a large number of local companies offer special cruise packages that include the chance to sample [...]
Archive | Thailand RSS feed for this section
TweetI was finally comfortable in Chiang Mai when it was time to leave for the mountains. I packed up my sleeping mat, took some medicine for my swollen lip and piled into Bill’s pickup truck for the bumpy drive into the no-name villages of Thailand’s north. Although I had spent plenty of time in desolate [...]
Tweet The aisles of the night market, selling goods on the steps of the temple I had already spent almost two weeks in rural Northern Thailand when I got back to Chiang Mai just in time for the Sunday Night Walking Street market. Unlike the touristy Night Bazaar, which happens every night, the Sunday market is mostly locals. [...]
TweetIf you read Andi Perullo‘s FTM two weeks ago, you know how much she loves elephants. Well I didn’t realize how much I did until I saw Eat Pray Love. The moment where the elephant comes up to her when she’s feeling down is probably my favorite in the whole movie. It made that $10.50 ticket [...]
TweetThis is a guest FTM by the lovely Andi of My Beautiful Adventures. Want to see your memory featured here? See details below. I have no idea when my obsession with elephants began. I find them to be the most marvelous creatures on our planet and just like most Indians I think they bring good luck, [...]
Tweet Nueng swinging at one of the villas at the Mandarin Oriental Chiang Mai Every time I travel, I meet someone I feel like I’ve met before. Were we friends in a past life? This particular person and I met one day when I just wanted to crawl in a hole and die. I didn’t [...]
Tweet I wrote this in my journal one of my first days in the mountains and decided it might make a good post. When you see images of Thailand’s youth, it’s probably promotional photographs of smiling clean faces found in Bangkok or other more affluent areas. That’s not what you find here. Past the skyscrapers and [...]
Tweet Our house in Muang Na When the rooster crowed at 5 a.m., I found myself wondering, “How in God’s name did I end up here?” But I knew how. As a travel junkie, I’ve stopped turning down trips. I will go on any and every trip suggested to me, which is why I woke [...]
Tweet So my disk drive is broken yet again, thus making it impossible for me to get the second half of my Thailand pictures, but I wrote this essay about my thoughts on a gorgeous Chiang Mai hotel. Scroll down to the bottom for details on my giveaway. Captivating grounds. Two full sized pools, a [...]
About Caroline in the City
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. Read more. br>
Which City is Caroline in?
Find it on CITC
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- The Australian Adventure: Six Months In July 25, 2011
- Photo Essay: The Great Ocean Road February 21, 2011
- Photo Essay: Cats of the Hemingway House May 17, 2013
- Paddleboarding with Manatees May 15, 2013
- Space Travel: The Final Frontier May 13, 2013
- Photo Essay: Miami Street Art May 10, 2013
- Best Free and Cheap Things to Do in Sydney May 8, 2013
- Peter: Thanks for this nice and decent post to tell about...
- Five Inspiring Travel Reads this Week « The Glovebox Blog from ArgusCarHire.com: [...] Space Travel: The Final Frontier [...]...
- Kim Harrison: Here's a music video about Riverview, the abandon...
- Jess: I've been thinking about this now that there's t...
- Caroline: It was fantastic, Naomi! It makes me wish I lived ...