Tweet If I had my way, every press trip would involve beach time. So luckily for me, part of my Santo Domingo itinerary included a day trip to Boca Chica, the closest beach to the Zona Colonial that is also on the way to the Las Americas International Airport. This water baby was thrilled to just […]
Archive | travel RSS feed for this section
TweetWe all love a carefully concocted beverage. For me, it was always beer, but as I’ve grown older, I’ve appreciated the art of mixology even more. Atlanta has a surprising cocktail culture for being the land of sweet tea and Coca-Cola. I made it my mission to check out some of the city’s best cocktail […]
Tweet There must be quite a few things a hot bath won’t cure, but I don’t know many of them. – Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar If I didn’t know any better, I’d assume that Sylvia was talking about a visit to Hot Springs, Arkansas. Because she’s right. What’s better than the healing properties of a […]
Tweet The coffee shop is the center of the freelancer universe, a place outside of the home where we can come together to block each other out with our headphones and lattes. Some of these establishments are included, despite their suburban locations, for their excellent coffee, strong WiFi and access to food. Thankfully there is […]
Tweet I received an email about a trip to the Dominican Republic one month before I would have to leave. I was already going to a different part of the country a few weeks later, but one of my favorite friends was going on the trip and I didn’t want to pass up the chance […]
Tweet For much of my high school days, before I fell in love with travel, I spent all my money on concerts and shows. My friends and I would pile into the Honda Accord that I still drive and carpool downtown to see our favorite bands play at The Masquerade, a historic mill and music venue. […]
Tweet Over the last seven or so years, I’ve spent a lot of time in Athens, a rural area an hour and a half northeast of Atlanta. It’s home to the University of Georgia and is one of the South’s most notable college towns, but there’s so much more to it than that. Both of […]
Tweet It was a country not high up on my list. I was already planning a trip across the pond, so when I heard that a blogging conference would be taking place in the northern Portugal city of Porto, I found myself a cheap flight by way of Frankfurt and off I went. I didn’t […]
Tweet I’ve come to look forward to these monthly posts about what I’m into beyond travel because there’s so much more to my life than where I go, despite the fact that it’s something I love. It’s funny how many people respond with their obsessions or agree with mine! As with last month, I’m sharing […]
Tweet If you saw the last few editions of Travel Writing Round Up, welcome back! A lot are repeats from last month, but new posts are denoted with stars. I have checked all the links to ensure that they are still valid, but please let me know if I have missed one. I’ve also created an open Google […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Photo Friday: Boca Chica, Dominican Republic April 29, 2016
- Atlanta’s Best Cocktail Bars April 26, 2016
- A Wellness Weekend in Hot Springs, Arkansas April 22, 2016
- Atlanta’s Best Coffee Shops for the Self-Employed April 20, 2016
- Photo Friday: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic April 15, 2016
- 13 Things To Do If You Cannot Travel Abroad Right Now - Scribble, Snap, Travel: […] Girl Versus Globe lists 20 inspiring fem...
- Caroline: I used a backpack, but it's totally up to you. Mi...
- ashley: Hello, Is a suite case a good idea? or would yo...
- nba 2k16 mt sell: I love the information on your website. Thank you!...
- Caroline: Thanks for reading, Pola! This particular trip, I ...