Tweet I’ve had two backpacks that I’ve loved, my Kelty Arch 65L and my Osprey Sirrus 35L, but I’ve slowly worked my way down to even smaller bags. Back in February, Timbuk2 sent me one of their Aviator travel bags to test drive on Her Packing List. I knew the brand for their hip cycling […]
Archive | travel RSS feed for this section
TweetI don’t usually blog about blogging or about money, but part of running a travel blog is recommending products and companies to readers. I don’t have much advertising, apart from a few banner ads, and there are a handful of companies I regularly work with and would advocate to my readers. I think very carefully […]
TweetI’ve been working as a freelance writer for the last five years, albeit not yet full time. What I’ve learned is that writing is, in the words of Lean In, not a ladder, but a jungle gym. There’s no direct path to where you want to be, no perfect job or internship that opens doors. You […]
Tweet My degree is a Bachelor’s in Political Science from the College of Charleston, currently framed and leaned against my closet door, gathering dust since 2010. I’m frequently asked why I got that degree and by some, why I wasted my parents’ money on a degree I wasn’t even going to use. I sometimes wonder […]
Tweet If you saw the last few editions of Travel Writing Round Up, welcome back! A lot are repeats from last month, but new posts are denoted with stars. I have checked all the links to ensure that they are still valid, but please let me know if I have missed one. Feel free to shoot […]
TweetI’ve talked about plenty of things I don’t think are worth it in Southeast Asia, namely things that other people think are fun that I’m not overly interested in. The Full Moon Party. Elephant rides. Tubing in Vang Vieng. Selfies with tigers at Tiger Temple. Shooting off guns in Vietnam. Halong Bay party cruises. But […]
Tweet If you saw the last few editions of Travel Writing Round Up, welcome back! There are a lot of great opportunities this month, so I hope you will take full advantage of them. A lot are repeats from last month as well, but new posts are denoted with stars. I have checked all the links […]
Tweet Flying on budget airlines can save you plenty of money, but can make you want to rip your hair out from all the extra fees and nonsense that go along with it. In my years of being a budget traveler, I’ve flown Ryanair in Europe, JetStar in Australia and Asia, AirAsia in Asia and […]
Tweet Something I’ve struggled with for as long as I’ve been traveling is having it all: both a close relationship with my friends and family and the thick skin required to travel the world solo. I find myself justifying my extended jaunts because “no one really notices when I’m not there” and that I’m not […]
Tweet War is brutal. That much I knew. But seeing images of the destruction of both Vietnamese and Americans during the war at Saigon’s War Remnants Museum, I wanted to know why we went. Was it to support our allies the French in the South? Or to fight the dreaded spread of communism? I didn’t […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Travel Product I Love: Timbuk2 Aviator Backpack September 30, 2014
- Photo Friday: Dream Cars September 26, 2014
- The World’s Longest Border Crossing September 25, 2014
- Travel Brands I Love September 23, 2014
- Photo Friday: New York, NY September 19, 2014
- Dreaming of the land Down Under? | Mojo Today: […] 1. Caroline in the City: Bartending Dow...
- Resources for the Budding Freelance Writer | Alyssa Writes: […] Caroline in the City. She does monthly t...
- The Weekly 7: September 21: […] posts going around right now — I g...
- Caroline: Great points, George! Not everyone is ready for co...
- George: Hey, thanks for the link! As much as people like m...