TweetThis post brought to you by Puerto Rico, The All-Star Island. The content, photos and opinions expressed below are that of Caroline in the City. Puerto Rico wasn’t really on my radar in terms of places to travel, but last year my family wanted to fit in one last family vacation before we all got […]
Archive | USA RSS feed for this section
Tweet As much as I’m a city girl, sometimes it’s nice to get out into nature. This was certainly the case during my trip to Kentucky back in November. Most of our visit was spent in the city of Lexington, but the final day brought us to the Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill in nearby Harrodsburg. […]
TweetEvery trip to New York, I try to build in at least one day of exploring. I lost my day off this trip due to the snowstorm, but I woke up early before I flew home so that I could visit the The Morgan Library & Museum, which I’d read about on my friend Christine’s blog. […]
Tweet If there’s one American city I’ve been to more than any other (that I haven’t lived in), it’s probably New York City. In the last few years, I’ve gone every six months and have my own little home in Hell’s Kitchen, particularly the few blocks between my hotel and the Javits Center. One of […]
Tweet On my 21st birthday, my housemate wanted to buy me a drink. I told her I’d have whatever she was having, which is how I ended up drinking bourbon for the first time (after champagne, Hypnotiq, beer and assorted shots, naturally). I said it tasted like bandaids and promptly threw it up. This was […]
Tweet Despite living less than 5 hours from the coastal city, I’ve only been to Savannah a handful of times. I rarely had the need when I lived in Charleston, as we had a beach of our own, but went on a few day trips. But since I launched This Is My South, I knew […]
TweetI’ve been to five countries and countless cities this year, eating my way through the best food as I went. I think with my stomach at all times and when you flip through the photos from my trip, it shows. Since giving up dairy last November, I’ve had more limited options than I did in […]
Tweet This past weekend I crossed another state off my list: Kentucky. I flew to Lexington for a press trip to write about over on This Is My South. The itinerary included a lot of awesome stuff (food! beer! bourbon!), but certainly one of the best was attending a horse race at Keeneland Race Track, […]
Tweet Two weeks ago, I joined my mom and sister for a road trip up to Asheville, North Carolina. My sister’s friend was getting married and I wasn’t doing anything, so I decided to tag along. I’m not much of a mountain girl, but I always love spending time in Asheville. I hoped to swing […]
TweetOne of my favorite things about my hometown of Atlanta is the arts scene, specifically the High Museum of Art. They’ve always got an interesting exhibit going on, like works from the Louvre and the Terracotta Soldiers, and local folk art works from my favorite artist, Howard Finster. This year’s big exhibit was Dream Cars: […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Photo Friday: Hilton Head Island, SC February 27, 2015
- Puerto Rico’s Most Unforgettable Experiences February 26, 2015
- Scenes from Rural Kentucky February 24, 2015
- #JustOneRhino: Why It Matters February 19, 2015
- Video: Malaysia’s Petronas Towers February 17, 2015
- chrysoula: I like you article a lot it gives a lot of advice....
- Wayoutback Matt: Hi Caroline, thanks heaps for the write-up on your...
- Todd @ Visit50: Cambodia was incredible! In a half year trip acros...
- Joya: I'll have to go here on my next trip to New York!...
- Victoria@ The British Berliner: I hear ya! I have nut allergies. Every nut and som...