Tweet I’m lucky that my seasonal job allows me to travel, but it’s always difficult to fit in “fun time” on a work trip. My recent jaunt to California was no different. I arrived into San Francisco on a balmy, overcast afternoon and, being the intrepid traveler I am, took BART into the city. I […]
Archive | USA RSS feed for this section
Tweet One of my few vices that I fully indulge when traveling is visiting breweries, along with art museums and street art. My first attempt of the trip was thwarted when I didn’t want to wait 45 minutes for a table at 21st Amendment Brewery. Instead, I tried my luck at signing up for a […]
Tweet When visiting the ethnic neighborhoods of big cities, it can sometimes feel more like Epcot than a real place where real people live. For example, there aren’t many Italians left in New York’s Little Italy, but there are plenty of restaurants claiming authenticity. I had the same reservations about San Francisco’s Chinatown. But it […]
TweetThis post brought to you by Puerto Rico, The All-Star Island. The content, photos and opinions expressed below are that of Caroline in the City. Puerto Rico wasn’t really on my radar in terms of places to travel, but last year my family wanted to fit in one last family vacation before we all got […]
Tweet As much as I’m a city girl, sometimes it’s nice to get out into nature. This was certainly the case during my trip to Kentucky back in November. Most of our visit was spent in the city of Lexington, but the final day brought us to the Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill in nearby Harrodsburg. […]
TweetEvery trip to New York, I try to build in at least one day of exploring. I lost my day off this trip due to the snowstorm, but I woke up early before I flew home so that I could visit the The Morgan Library & Museum, which I’d read about on my friend Christine’s blog. […]
Tweet If there’s one American city I’ve been to more than any other (that I haven’t lived in), it’s probably New York City. In the last few years, I’ve gone every six months and have my own little home in Hell’s Kitchen, particularly the few blocks between my hotel and the Javits Center. One of […]
Tweet On my 21st birthday, my housemate wanted to buy me a drink. I told her I’d have whatever she was having, which is how I ended up drinking bourbon for the first time (after champagne, Hypnotiq, beer and assorted shots, naturally). I said it tasted like bandaids and promptly threw it up. This was […]
Tweet Despite living less than 5 hours from the coastal city, I’ve only been to Savannah a handful of times. I rarely had the need when I lived in Charleston, as we had a beach of our own, but went on a few day trips. But since I launched This Is My South, I knew […]
TweetI’ve been to five countries and countless cities this year, eating my way through the best food as I went. I think with my stomach at all times and when you flip through the photos from my trip, it shows. Since giving up dairy last November, I’ve had more limited options than I did in […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Video: Scenes from Melaka March 26, 2015
- Stylish and Budget-Friendly Hotel Stays with Yonderbound March 24, 2015
- Photo Friday: San Francisco, California March 20, 2015
- Travel Product I Love: Speakeasy Travel Scarves March 19, 2015
- Ask the Experts: Best Advice for Aspiring Travel Writers March 17, 2015
- rebecca: Have heard a bit about Yonderbound. Will have to c...
- Sarah: So much deliciousness in this post! Chicken rice i...
- Imagebloke: I have never been to rural Kentucky but I definite...
- Elise: Oh! I need this! I am always blogging and telling ...
- Emma: This is genius and it looks pretty too! I will def...