Tweet I’ve found street art all over the world including places I knew had a thriving art culture, like Melbourne, Berlin and Miami, as well as places I didn’t expect it from, like Toronto, Porto and my hometown of Atlanta. But I didn’t expect that during a short overnight trip to Knoxville, Tennessee, I would […]
Archive | USA RSS feed for this section
Tweet In case you hadn’t heard, my hometown of Atlanta was a hot mess last week when we received two inches of snow and had to shut down the city with cars abandoned on the road in a truly spooky Walking Dead style. The last time I experienced a storm like this was before I left […]
TweetSomething lately has left my mind on Hawaii. Perhaps it’s that my friend was just married there (congrats, Kelsi!) or that it was an important place to me a few years ago, serving as a break during my time in Australia. I had been away from my family for six months, the longest I’d been […]
Tweet I may have a mild fear of heights, but I love the views from said heights. Seeing the buildings, cars and trees like tiny dots from above is unparalleled. I’ve been to Surfers Paradise’s Skypoint Tower, Toronto’s CN Tower and of course the Empire State Building in New York City. But it took me […]
TweetAs the summer is winding down, I can’t believe how little I have been out in the sun. My “summer” is typically in April and September, as I work every June and July. Back in April I had my Ultimate Florida Road Trip, which took me from St. Augustine to Key West and back, soaking […]
TweetThe theme of my trip to Baton Rouge, Louisiana was eating and drinking way past the point of normal human capacity. It all started with Fete Rouge, the city’s biggest celebration of food and wine, bringing together local chefs. I also got a chance to visit the area’s beloved restaurants and even a craft brewery, […]
Tweet During my brief stay in New York I stayed at Ink48 Hotel, within walking distance of the Javits Convention Center where I was working. On previous trips I’ve stayed in Times Square, the Upper East Side and next to Central Park. This time around the neighborhood of choice was Hell’s Kitchen, named for a […]
Tweet September 11, 2011. It was the ten year anniversary of the attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon. I went to work at my bartending gig in Sydney like I would on any other day of my year long working holiday. It felt surreal to be experiencing such a somber anniversary for my country […]
Tweet via Visit Baton Rouge I’ve been in New York for the past week and I’m already off again with just enough time to drop off my bags, repack and return to the airport for Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I spoke with the lovely folks from Baton Rouge at TBEX in Toronto a few months ago, […]
Tweet Before starting a full week of long hours at work, my sister and I decided to spend a few hours wandering around New York. We had enough time to drop our bags off at the hotel before lunch at Five Napkin Burger with Lauren, one of my good friends from my time in Australia. […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Sunset Kayaking in Melbourne April 22, 2014
- An Education in Australian Wildlife at Taronga Zoo April 18, 2014
- Tune Hotels: A La Carte Luxury April 17, 2014
- Tasting Melbourne’s Coffee Culture April 15, 2014
- Visiting the Blue Mountains Independently April 10, 2014
- Beverley | Pack Your Passport: So glad you enjoyed this Caroline! I did this exac...
- Rashaad: Congratulations! I've actually completed two half...
- Cologne Tourist Attractions / Travel Guide / Tips / Blog: […] Cologne’s Kolsch Experience […]...
- The Guy: I've stayed in a lot of Melbourne hotels and inde...
- Beverley | Pack Your Passport: Aw I never went to any of these places while I was...