TweetOne of my favorite things about my hometown of Atlanta is the arts scene, specifically the High Museum of Art. They’ve always got an interesting exhibit going on, like works from the Louvre and the Terracotta Soldiers, and local folk art works from my favorite artist, Howard Finster. This year’s big exhibit was Dream Cars: […]
Archive | USA RSS feed for this section
Tweet My bi-yearly trips to New York have become one of my favorite times of year, as it allows me to see the city in both summer and winter. I get the chance to explore and catch up with friends before starting work for the trade show. This time around, we were scheduled on an […]
Tweet I loved my time in Puerto Rico, especially the crystal blue waters of Vieques. This video is a short feature of what we did with our time there, from swimming on Playa Grande and snorkeling at Mosquito Pier to the tiny plane that transported us over there.
Tweet There are few moments when I crave a fixed life and a place to call my own, filled with my favorite things. I’m typically content with no more items than could fit in the trunk of my car. But when I opened the door to our rental house on Vieques, El Dormilion, I opened […]
Tweet Everyone always thinks that this blog name, Caroline in the City, is a play on the novel and subsequent television and film franchise Sex and the City, when in fact it’s based on the 1990s sitcom. But I play off of the show anyways. My Twitter bio reads, “A lil bit Samantha Brown, a lil […]
Tweet In our five days on the island of Vieques, we drove our rented Jeep down nearly every paved road and some that weren’t. We explored as much of the island of possible, which is difficult when you consider how much of it, about half, is protected by the government and inaccessible to the public. […]
Tweet Sprawling over 20,000 acres, El Yunque National Forest is the only tropical rainforest in the United States. It’s been part of the National Park Service since 1903, but the Taíno tribes left their petroglyphs all over the peaks of the forest long before the Spanish arrived. Today it’s one of the most touristed regions […]
Tweet Vieques is one of Puerto Rico’s barrier islands, known for the former military base and the wild horses that have their run with the place. Most people choose between it and Culebra as a way to get back to nature. You won’t find the crowds of tourists like you do in Old San Juan, […]
Tweet The name is synonymous with rum. In fact, every classic rum cocktail was created with Bacardi, including the Cuba Libre and daiquiri. My first taste of it was mixed with Diet Coke in a college dorm room, long before I could appreciate the delicate flavors of a white rum. Since then I’ve come to […]
Tweet As you walk past the colorful houses lining the cobblestone streets, you’re immediately aware that San Juan is a city brimming with history. The architecture reminds me of my time in Portugal, apart from its iconic tiles. The unincorporated archipelago of Puerto Rico may technically be a territory of the United States since the […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Travel Product I Love: Timbuk2 Aviator Backpack September 30, 2014
- Photo Friday: Dream Cars September 26, 2014
- The World’s Longest Border Crossing September 25, 2014
- Travel Brands I Love September 23, 2014
- Photo Friday: New York, NY September 19, 2014
- Dreaming of the land Down Under? | Mojo Today: […] 1. Caroline in the City: Bartending Dow...
- Resources for the Budding Freelance Writer | Alyssa Writes: […] Caroline in the City. She does monthly t...
- The Weekly 7: September 21: […] posts going around right now — I g...
- Caroline: Great points, George! Not everyone is ready for co...
- George: Hey, thanks for the link! As much as people like m...