In addition to writing for Caroline in the City and my other site, This Is My South, I’ve written for dozens of other publications. I got my start as an intern and freelancer at the Charleston City Paper covering weekend events before diving into the travel web writing sphere. I’m a team writer for Her Packing List, the top female travel packing website, and Local Expert for Atlanta for AFAR.com. For more information on my clips, see my Writing page or my portfolio on Contently.
I specialize in content on the southern United States, Australia, working holidays, packing advice, restaurants, and nightlife. I’ve also created travel guides for a number of outlets on Atlanta and Charleston.
Freelance Writing and Blogging
Over the last five years, I’ve done both paid freelance writing and guest blogging for dozens of outlets, including BBC Travel, Afar, Roads and Kingdoms, and National Geographic Traveler.
I’ve worked for a variety of clients creating content for corporate blogs and micro sites related to travel, including AAA, US Auto Sales, Owners.com, and Explore Georgia. Here are a few examples of my past and current projects.
- Eagle Creek Travel Blog– I worked with Masthead Media group to create content on packing advice for Eagle Creek, a top luggage and travel gear company.
- Help Go Abroad– I was brought on to create content for the blog of this new site that prepares travelers to work, volunteer, study and live abroad.
- Trivago Check In Blog– I was hired to create a handful of posts relating to movies and filming locations travelers can visit.
- JetBlue– I wrote for the re-launched blog stories about Fort Lauderdale, Savannah, and Charlotte.
- Hotel Indigo– I wrote blog posts related to their Savannah property.
- Flight Network– I have written for this Canadian copy to write North American content.
To discuss your content creation needs, use the contact form below with the subject “Freelance Writing.”