In addition to writing for Caroline in the City and my other site, This Is My South, I’ve written for dozens of other publications. I got my start as an intern and freelancer at the Charleston City Paper covering weekend events before diving into the travel web writing sphere. I’m a team writer for Her Packing List, the top female travel packing website, and Local Expert for Atlanta for AFAR.com. For more information on my clips, see my Writing page or my portfolio on Contently.
I specialize in content on the southern United States, Australia, working holidays, packing advice, restaurants and nightlife. I’ve also created travel guides for a number of outlets on Atlanta and Charleston.
Freelance Writing and Blogging
Over the last five years, I’ve done both paid freelance writing and guest blogging for dozens of outlets, including Go Backpacking, Art of Adventuring, Do It While You’re Young, Go Overseas, Uptake, Matador Network, Plum Deluxe, Sweet Lemon Magazine, Travel Mindset and Viator.
I’ve worked for a variety of clients creating content for corporate blogs and micro sites related to travel. Here are a few of my past projects.
- Eagle Creek Travel Blog– I worked with Masthead Media group to create content on packing advice for Eagle Creek, a top luggage and travel gear company.
- Westin Finds– In association with AFAR.com, I created guides for three Westin hotels in Atlanta, including content and photos for things to do, see and eat near each property.
- Mastercard Love This City– I worked with Skyword on content for New York and London for their Mastercard Love This City website, which focuses on restaurants, arts, theater and activities for both cities.
- Help Go Abroad– I was brought on to create content for the blog of this new site that prepares travelers to work, volunteer, study and live abroad.
- Shermans Travel– I recently started writing posts focused on the South and high value experiences overseas.
- Trivago Check In Blog– I was hired to create a handful of posts relating to movies and filming locations travelers can visit.
To discuss your content creation needs, use the contact form below with the subject “Freelance Writing.”