Walk across 5 major bridges:
- Crush grapes with my feet at a winery.
- Hike the Grand Canyon.
- Spend New Years in every time zone.*
Learn to scuba dive. November 2011 Scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef. November 2011 Bungee jump. November 2011, Cairns, Australia
Get a tattoo. July 2009
- Drive across the United States (preferably on Route 66).
- Drive in a foreign country.
Get writing published in print. October 21, 2009- Charleston City Paper Get travel writing published in print. September 1, 2014 US Airways Magazine
- Visit every continent:
North America- July 1988[born here] Europe- May 2002 Asia – May 2010
- South America
Australia- January 2011
- Run a race:
Take pictures in a photobooth September 2008- Montreal
- Visit the a place of worship for ten major religions:
Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Judaism, Bahaism, Confucianism, Jainism, Shintoism Be an extra in a movie and/or tv show, movie: 1993 “Stolen Babies,” tv: 2009 “U Cook with Chef Bob” Ride a camel. September 2011 Ride an elephant. June 2010 *I would no longer recommend this. See why.
- Go native on a nude beach.
- Climb to Machu Picchu and hike the Inca Trail.
Send out a Christmas card. December 2012 Turn 10 blog friends into real life friends. June 2010 Travel alone July 2005-Washington DC for National Student Leadership Conference Tour 5 breweries:
- Visit every state.
- Go to culinary school.
- Volunteer for one whole year.
- See a solar eclipse.
Give blood at least once. December 23, 2011
- Learn to drive a stick shift.
- Read the top 100 novels of all time.*
- Visit: Buenos Aires, Belize, Rio de Janiero, Costa Rica,
Croatia, Puerto Rico, Chile, Cuba, Cape Town, Haiti, Morocco, Copenhagen, Northern Ireland, Istanbul, Beirut, Greece, Israel, Russia, Australia, Thailand, Fiji, China, and Japan
- Buy a house.
Attend a high school or college reunion. College: May 2015. High school: August 2017.
- Visit the hometowns of my grandparents or find where “my people” come from (either in America or in England).
Swim in the Dead Sea (or float, rather). March 2017 Try a food I would ordinarily never eat (exotic, not including sushi and oysters). Blood rice in Portugal, September 2012 Couch surf. January 2011, Los Angeles, CA Fast for 24 hours. December 2015.
- Meet my heroes:
- Watch the IMDB Top 100 Films (24/100).*
Attend Bonnaroo Music Festival or a similar festival (and camp!). June 2013
- Learn to play the banjo (that I’ve owned for a couple of years but has sat unplayed).
- Go to the world’s best parties:
- Carnival in Brazil
Oktoberfest in Munich. September 20, 2012
- St. Patrick’s Day in Dublin
- Mardi Gras in New Orleans
- La Tomatina in Buñol
Songkran in Thailand. April 13, 2014
- Burning Man in Nevada
- Holi in India
Take a hot air balloon ride. Cappadocia, Turkey, October 8, 2013
- Cruise on the Nile.
- Sing at an open mic night.
Re-design my blog December 2010
- Make a cookbook of my family recipes.
- Go to the Caroline Islands.
- Take pictures at the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn and the Equator.
- See the Aurora Borealis and Aurora Australis.
Go on a spontaneous trip with only a few hours planning. Blacksburg, VA November 2010
- Visit Four Corners and put an arm and leg in each state.
- Go on a safari in Africa.
Live abroad for a year. Australia, January-December 2011
- Write a book.
- Take the Trans-Siberian Railway from Moscow to Beijing.
Go zorbing. November 2016, Tennessee
- Fly first class at least once (a difficult feat for a penny-pinching backpacker!)
- Take my sisters on a Jane Austen tour of England, including filming locations of Pride and Prejudice.
Learn to surf. Coffs Harbour, NSW, October 2011 Take a road trip through California down the Pacific Coast Highway. February 2017
- Complete the Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk.
- Shave my head for a good cause.
- Eat vegetarian one day per week for at least six months.
- Bungee jump at every AJ Hackett site in the world.
Cairns, Australia- November 2011
- Kuta, Bali
- Normandie, France
- Macau, China
- Sochi, Russia
- Kuwarau Bridge, Queenstown, New Zealand
- The Ledge, Queenstown, New Zealand
- The Nevis, Queenstown, New Zealand
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Go to South by Southwest in Austin.
- Scuba dive:
the Georgia Aquarium- August 19, 2012
- the SS Yongala in Townsville, Australia
- the Blue Hole in Belize
- the Riviera Maya in Mexico
the islands in Thailand the Red Sea in Egypt (March 2017, Israel) the Florida Keys– May 3, 2013
- the Tectonic Plates in Iceland
- with whale sharks (anywhere!)
Run a race every month for a year. – March 2012-March 2013
- Run a race overseas.
- Get a tattoo overseas.
- Do another working holiday before turning 30.
- See a concert at Red Rocks.
- Compete in the Mongol Rally or Rickshaw Run.
Did I miss any? Let me know!
*For more details, click on the stars next to certain life list items.*