Tweet Australia is full of unique creatures, most of which are native only to the island nation. They’re on their coins and coat of arms and I’ve been lucky to see many of them in the wild or throughout my travels. But for a well-rounded introduction to exactly what makes Australia a special place for […]
Tag Archives | Australia
TweetBudget travel is how I operate, as I try to get as much money out of an experience as I can, allowing me to travel for longer. I’m comfortable in hostels for this reason, but I occasionally stay in hotels when the value is right. When I was looking for a place to stay in […]
Tweet I’m not much of a coffee drinker. In fact, I don’t drink it at all. Tea is my chosen beverage, followed shortly by Coca Cola. But by not drinking coffee, I’ve been missing out on important parts of the places I visit. No espresso in Italy, no drop coffee at New York diners and […]
Tweet When planning my trip back to Sydney, I knew I wanted to take Sammi to the Blue Mountains for a day hike. She’s the outdoorsy one of the three of us, plus I wanted her to see the famed Three Sisters. We looked at a number of options, but really wanted the flexibility of […]
TweetReturning to Sydney was an odd sensation, as I spent over six months living there in 2011, riding the train to work everyday past the Opera House and Harbour Bridge. This time around, I did something I never did back then: I stayed at a hostel in Sydney. I was lucky enough to be able […]
TweetMy arrival back in Sydney on Friday was a day I’d been dreaming about for the last two years. I put a lot of thought into the trip and got excited about the places I would revisit in Sydney long before I even booked my ticket. But there are hundreds of emotions that I’ve felt about […]
TweetI alluded to an upcoming trip to Australia and Asia when I talked about my upcoming year in travel, but now it’s official. I’m going back to Australia. It’s a day I’ve been thinking about ever since I left Sydney on December 1, 2011. And this time, I’m taking my sister Sammi along with me. […]
Tweet There’s one place close to my heart and on my mind on a near daily basis: Australia. It’s somewhere I plan on returning to very, very soon. More on that soon (P.S. if you sign up for my newsletter, you’ll be the first to know the details!). I want to go back to the place […]
Tweet I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again: Australia is expensive. Sydney is certainly no exception and is likely more expensive than any other city in the country. While the US dollar is nearly even with the Australian dollar, it will take you much more of those dollars to buy the same items. But […]
TweetThis is the second post in a series about the cost of traveling in Australia, this time focusing on accommodation. Keep reading next week for the budget guide to food and drinks in Australia. Another important aspect of keeping the cost of traveling in Australia low is in regards to accommodation, which quickly eats away […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- An Education in Australian Wildlife at Taronga Zoo April 18, 2014
- Tune Hotels: A La Carte Luxury April 17, 2014
- Tasting Melbourne’s Coffee Culture April 15, 2014
- Visiting the Blue Mountains Independently April 10, 2014
- Sleeping Like a Local at Sydney Central YHA April 8, 2014
- Cologne Tourist Attractions / Travel Guide / Tips / Blog: […] Cologne’s Kolsch Experience […]...
- The Guy: I've stayed in a lot of Melbourne hotels and inde...
- Beverley | Pack Your Passport: Aw I never went to any of these places while I was...
- Caroline: Thanks for the correction! My Portuguese spelling ...
- Hayley: I was so one of those school groups you mention at...