TweetAustralia is what you could call a bucket list destination. It’s somewhere nearly everyone I’ve ever met has said, “I would love to go there one day.” And why not? You see images of the Great Barrier Reef and Uluru and get sucked into it’s beauty. But not every destination is, in my opinion, worth adding […]
Archive | Adelaide RSS feed for this section
Tweet **This post has been updated in May 2014 to reflect the places I stayed on my most recent trip.** I stayed in more hostels in Australia than I ever care to count. Some were great, some were disgusting and some weren’t really memorable. In this post I will break them all down with you, […]
Tweet In my almost year in Australia, I slept a lot of places. Dozens of hostels, a few floors, friends’ apartments, two boats, tents, swags and countless cities. It all started in Sydney at Tommy’s house in Petersham, where he and his dad graciously let me sleep until I found my own pad. I got […]
Tweet As I learned in Alice Springs, it doesn’t matter how nice your facilities are if your staff aren’t helpful or kind. Thankfully, this wasn’t a problem when I stayed at Adelaide’s Backpack Oz and The Guest House. It’s a short walk from Victoria Square, right in the middle of the action, or as much […]
Tweet Adelaide was never really in the plans. There were no big tourist sites like in Sydney and we didn’t have friends there like in Melbourne. It was more like, “You want to keep going to Adelaide?” “Sure, why not.” I hadn’t formed the best opinion of the South Australian capital prior to visiting since […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- The Sex and the City Tour of New York August 28, 2014
- Photo Essay: Abandoned Vieques, Puerto Rico August 26, 2014
- Photo Friday: El Yunque National Forest, Puerto Rico August 22, 2014
- How to See Vieques, Puerto Rico August 21, 2014
- Eating and Drinking in Puerto Rico August 19, 2014
- Laura: I'm definitely planning on doing this tour next t...
- Caroline: That's something I wish I had done, Laura! Next A...
- Laura: What a strange and interesting place. I love aband...
- Victoria@ The British Berliner: Sounds really good and free too! Very nice. :)...
- Victoria@ The British Berliner: I totally agree. I would say that the transport I ...