Tweet For someone who travels as much as I do, a ziploc bag for a toiletry bag just won’t do. Until now, I’ve used a combination of a huge Vera Bradley toiletry bag, a small TSA friendly bag and a tiny Travelon case for makeup. So when Maxwell Scott offered to send me The Raffaelle, […]
Archive | review RSS feed for this section
Tweet When my sister and I were planning our trip through Southeast Asia, we used a mix of websites to book the hotels we stayed in, including Hostelworld, Hotels.com and eventually Agoda. At the time, I didn’t find one website that I felt really suited every stay and instead bounced between who had the best […]
Tweet I love writing about travel products, especially between this blog and my work on Her Packing List. So when my friend Brooke sent me a Speakeasy Travel Scarf as a Christmas present, I was thrilled. My friends Beth and Randy (you may know their blog, Beers and Beans) started the company, inspired by travel […]
Tweet Can you travel the world on $50 per day? This is the question asked by the book How to Travel the World on $50 A Day by Matt Kepnes, now in its second edition. Travel blogger Nomadic Matt has talked about budget travel and the easiest way to see the world on a shoestring for […]
Tweet After the great success of last year’s post and giveaway, it’s that time again: Caroline’s Favorite Things 2014! While I still use and love the products I featured for 2013, I’ve come up with even more brand new things to get for the traveler in your life or for yourself. And again, there’s something […]
Tweet I’ve had two backpacks that I’ve loved, my Kelty Arch 65L and my Osprey Sirrus 35L, but I’ve slowly worked my way down to even smaller bags. Back in February, Timbuk2 sent me one of their Aviator travel bags to test drive on Her Packing List. I knew the brand for their hip cycling […]
Tweet I’m not someone who really invests in high-quality electronics often, but when I do, I make sure they last a long time, like in the cases of my Canon T1i Rebel DSLR camera and my MacBook Pro. So when I was offered a pair of Beats by Dr. Dre headphones to test out, I […]
Tweet I just received my first pair of Tieks, stunning leather ballet flats that fold up and are ideal for travel. The brand is very clever on social media (check out their Instagram if you don’t believe me) and has become a favorite of celebrities like Oprah, brides, and most recently, bloggers. I first heard […]
Tweet Would you believe me if I told you this wasn’t my first time? There have been caves before, Coober Pedy in Australia, and caves since, last week in Tennessee, but none quite measured up to where I stayed in Cappadocia. In the land of fairy chimneys and Mars-esque landscapes, I found myself staying at […]
Tweet I pride myself on being a budget traveler who is most comfortable in hostels. I can discern what makes a great hostel and what doesn’t. And lucky for me, I only experienced the best Turkish hostels. I can’t complain about a single place I stayed, which is truly unique. Remember what I said about how lovely […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Travel Writing Round Up [October 2015] October 6, 2015
- Photo Friday: Adairsville, Georgia October 2, 2015
- Caroline in the City Guide to New York City October 1, 2015
- Photo Friday: New York, NY September 25, 2015
- Snapchatting the Magic Kingdom September 22, 2015
- Barnsley Resort/Shelby: Thanks for sharing this great write up with your r...
- Barnsley Resort/Shelby: Thanks so much for sharing this great story! We lo...
- Kristin @ Camels & Chocolate: Loved, loved, LOVED our stay here. I can't believ...
- Brianna: I love this post! I have been rereading all of the...
- rebecca: Loved reading this! Good on you for sticking to wh...