Tweet Would you believe me if I told you this wasn’t my first time? There have been caves before, Coober Pedy in Australia, and caves since, last week in Tennessee, but none quite measured up to where I stayed in Cappadocia. In the land of fairy chimneys and Mars-esque landscapes, I found myself staying at […]
Archive | review RSS feed for this section
Tweet I pride myself on being a budget traveler who is most comfortable in hostels. I can discern what makes a great hostel and what doesn’t. And lucky for me, I only experienced the best Turkish hostels. I can’t complain about a single place I stayed, which is truly unique. Remember what I said about how lovely […]
Tweet via PurifiCup In my travels I’ve rarely found it a problem to find clean drinking water. I drank the water in places like Croatia and Thailand but what inevitably got me sick was the water in Australia. If only I had a water purifier back then to get rid of bacteria in water. So […]
TweetAs someone with short hair who doesn’t take the time to style it, I’m always looking for something to keep my hair out of my face. I have a number of headbands, but I was excited to check out the Cool Cat Pro, which I had seen advertised in running magazines. It has all the […]
TweetTrekr makes a travel washcloth that I’ve been using for the past few months, ever since I tested it out before bringing it in my carry on bag to San Francisco. So what makes this travel product worth loving? Firstly, it rolls up nice and tiny like you see below, taking up hardly any room. […]
Tweet The Pacsafe Slingsafe GIII arrived on my doorstep and I thought it was a mistake. But it was really a Christmas surprise from Brooke, my editor at Her Packing List! I had so much fun checking out the features and took it to work with me every day. There are dozens of great pockets […]
Tweet Ever since my sister bought me a compression sack for Christmas before my trip to Australia, I have used them on every trip. I’ve written about them on Her Packing List and even ordered myself a second one. But what all of them have been missing is more organization. I still have to dump […]
Tweet I’m going to let you in on a little secret: solo travel is not just for the young. If someone told me that I had to get all of my solo travels out of the way now and wouldn’t be able to do so when I reached the age of 40 or 50, I […]
Tweet I’ve long considered Palmer’s Lodge in London to be my all-time favorite hostel, but I may now have to reconsider. After checking it out on my friend the Budget Traveller’s Luxury Hostels project, I knew I had to book my stay at Gallery Hostel for the Travel Bloggers Unite conference in Porto. It turns […]
Tweet I realized that I’ve never actually reviewed my all-time, favorite hostel, Palmers Lodge in London, England. Every time I go to London, which is becoming much more frequent these days, I stay at the Swiss Cottage location, a former mansion. On my first visit, for New Years in 2008, I stayed with my sister […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- The Australian Adventure: Six Months In July 25, 2011
- An American in Gallipoli December 5, 2013
- The Tombs of Myra December 3, 2013
- Photo Friday: Blue Mosque at Night November 29, 2013
- Thankful List 2013 November 28, 2013
- Photo Friday: Brighton Beach, Australia November 22, 2013
- Annie@GreenTravelReviews: Fit's perfectly! I was hoping to go to Hawaii thi...
- Top Travel Blogs: #SeeTheWorld Creation Curation – Part II: […] The Art of the Day Trip by Caroline in t...
- Jamie S.: I have never been to Australia but reading your po...
- Lou: I have never been to Brighton Beach, but I had bee...
- Link Love (1) | Sky vs World: […] a different note, Caroline from Caroline...