TweetFrom the time I was fifteen, I spent every weekend at concerts and local shows. A divey all ages club called Swayze’s in Kennesaw was my regular for Friday nights and I seemed to know everyone there. I would spend every dime I had on seeing my favorite bands and during those years I saw […]
Archive | South RSS feed for this section
TweetI had originally planned to talk about my trip to Bonnaroo today, but despite so much going on the world that is amazing (defeat of DOMA, women’s rights in Texas), I can’t help but get worked up over something entirely separate. In case you haven’t heard, butter-loving Savannah, Georgia-based Food Network star Paula Deen has […]
Tweet I wasn’t always such an avid foodie. There was a long stretch of my life when food was something I avoided, a hassle at best. But within the last few years, I greatly enjoy trying new restaurants with friends and splurging on the occasional meal. When I’m traveling, however, I usually settle for ramen […]
TweetThose of you who follow me on Instagram may have seen an unusual photo on Christmas Eve, me and my two sisters covered head to toe in mud. And my explanation is no less unusual than your first impression. I’ve already written about it on This Is My South, but more from a guide standpoint […]
Tweet I came across old photos on my hard drive and couldn’t help but share them. I miss these spur of the moment road trips I used to take around the South and am looking to re-live them. In summer of 2006, my friend Christine and I went to visit our other friend Elizabeth at […]
Tweet Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.– Martin Luther King Jr. We start our tour in Atlanta, Georgia, where Martin Luther King, Jr. was born and where much of his work was done. In the Sweet Auburn neighborhood, you will find […]
Tweet Memphis is the former home of legendary musician Elvis Presley and having grown up listening to his music with my grandparents, I knew I had to visit Graceland. We purchased tickets online before leaving Nashville to ensure we got in, since even in low season, thousands of people pass through the gates at Graceland. […]
Tweet Before making the trip, I’d heard mixed reviews of Memphis. I was told that there was good food, but that it was “dangerous.” It’s larger than Nashville and was the setting of Martin Luther King Jr.’s assassination. But as with everything, I set out to form my own opinion. I liked the downtown area, […]
Tweet I’ve been to Nashville many times throughout my life since my aunt has lived there since she was a student at Vanderbilt. My last visit there was for her wedding nearly three years ago, so I knew it was time to return. I wanted to see her and my cousins, as well as my […]
Tweet The Aussie and I took a brief road trip of the South so I could show him that America is much more than Los Angeles, Las Vegas and New York. On the way to visit my aunt in Nashville, we stopped in Lynchburg, Tennessee so we could tour the famous Jack Daniels Distillery. As […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Photo Friday: Boca Chica, Dominican Republic April 29, 2016
- Atlanta’s Best Cocktail Bars April 26, 2016
- A Wellness Weekend in Hot Springs, Arkansas April 22, 2016
- Atlanta’s Best Coffee Shops for the Self-Employed April 20, 2016
- Photo Friday: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic April 15, 2016
- KareninCalabria: The hot baths sound very enticing after a walk in ...
- KareninCalabria: Wow! The water looked lovely in the first few phot...
- 13 Things To Do If You Cannot Travel Abroad Right Now - Scribble, Snap, Travel: […] Girl Versus Globe lists 20 inspiring fem...
- Caroline: I used a backpack, but it's totally up to you. Mi...
- ashley: Hello, Is a suite case a good idea? or would yo...