TweetThis is a feature to Caroline in the City, the city guides to my favorite destinations in the world, featuring the best places to eat, stay and hang out. London, England is one of the oldest cities with the most history. It’s where Shakespeare performed his plays, where Henry VIII executed his wives and where […]
Archive | London RSS feed for this section
Tweet If you’re a fan of the Harry Potter series like I am, you have to travel to the United Kingdom. I’ve been in London for two of the movie premieres and made special trips just to track down landmarks from the movies. And while there are even more filming locations throughout England and Scotland […]
Tweet Whoever says that British food isn’t good, and is heavy and unhealthy, isn’t eating the right dishes. A common misconception is easily broken once you check out London’s ethnic eating enclaves and sit down for a true Sunday roast at a neighborhood pub. One of my favorite things about visiting a destination is checking […]
Tweet Every city has the up-and-coming neighborhood that has quickly gentrified and is popular with the young and hip. You might have a graffitied wall next to a boutique coffee shop. For New York, it’s Bushwick. For San Francisco, it’s the Mission. For Melbourne, it’s Brunswick. For Atlanta, it’s East Atlanta. And for London, it’s […]
Tweet Packing light is becoming more and more essential for my lifestyle. So when putting together my packing list for my week in England, I had to be very thoughtful. I knew I’d be hopping on trains, so it was important to be mobile. I recently got a nice carry-on suitcase for my birthday (more […]
Tweet It’s been almost four years since I last set foot in one of my favorite cities in the world: London. I was last there for the whirlwind known as World Travel Market, one of the largest travel trade shows in the world. There, I hung out with bloggers and did my best to network […]
Tweet I’ve had some pretty bad luck throughout my year of travels, but I’m not the only one. On my first trip to London, I went with my mom, sister and grandmother. It was a gift for my sixteenth birthday. My Meme is an intrepid traveler herself, having seen every continent, so she makes it […]
TweetThere’s not always enough time to devote a full stay at a given destination, which is where the day trip comes into play. Throughout my travels, if I’ve found myself with an extra day, I’ll take the train to another city to wander around. It allows me to see something new without having to deviate […]
TweetSammi and I had spent the last week running all over London, exploring Bath and networking like my life depended on it at the World Travel Market. First thing in the morning we went to Spitalfields Market and on our way back stumbled upon Westminster Cathedral, the other Westminster. Westminster Cathedral is the largest Catholic church in […]
TweetNo, I’m not talking about the airline, but the air (space) line, London’s newest Docklands attraction. On the last day of World Travel Market back in November, I snuck my sister Sammi into the convention to see what all the fuss was about. Once our day was over, we took the Emirates Air Line on […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- Photo Friday: Oxford, Mississippi November 27, 2015
- Warming Up with Stanley Brand (+ Holiday Cocktail Recipes!) November 24, 2015
- Caroline in the City Guide to San Francisco November 19, 2015
- Behind the Curtain: November 2015 November 17, 2015
- Photo Friday: Boone, North Carolina November 13, 2015
- Marcus Eriksson: Didn't visit the Skybar, unfortunately. Next time...
- KareninCalabria: Nice post. I was in Oxford for a weekend a number ...
- Vivian Caldwell: Great list! Long scarf is "must" for Turkey. Fir...
- When do you recommend travel insurance for women? - Her Packing List: […] coup could erupt, a volcano could spew a...
- Liz Stark: So much food for thought here and a great, thoroug...