TweetThere’s not always enough time to devote a full stay at a given destination, which is where the day trip comes into play. Throughout my travels, if I’ve found myself with an extra day, I’ll take the train to another city to wander around. It allows me to see something new without having to deviate […]
Archive | London RSS feed for this section
TweetSammi and I had spent the last week running all over London, exploring Bath and networking like my life depended on it at the World Travel Market. First thing in the morning we went to Spitalfields Market and on our way back stumbled upon Westminster Cathedral, the other Westminster. Westminster Cathedral is the largest Catholic church in […]
TweetNo, I’m not talking about the airline, but the air (space) line, London’s newest Docklands attraction. On the last day of World Travel Market back in November, I snuck my sister Sammi into the convention to see what all the fuss was about. Once our day was over, we took the Emirates Air Line on […]
Tweet This time last year I was admiring the Christmas decorations Down Under and saying goodbye to my home in Sydney. I had never experienced a hot December, but I hope it won’t be my last. Last month, however, I was in chilly London for World Travel Market and the city had already caught the […]
Tweet Can you tell London is my favorite city? This was my fourth trip to London and although I was there primarily for World Travel Market, I wanted to see the city through the eyes of a resident, rather than my usual tourist self. Here are my tips for seeing London like a local. Accommodation […]
Tweet I realized that I’ve never actually reviewed my all-time, favorite hostel, Palmers Lodge in London, England. Every time I go to London, which is becoming much more frequent these days, I stay at the Swiss Cottage location, a former mansion. On my first visit, for New Years in 2008, I stayed with my sister […]
Tweet In honor of the upcoming London Olympics, I’m reliving my past three trips to the city. While it can be fairly expensive to visit London, especially during big events like the Olympics and this year’s Jubilee and Royal Wedding, there are a few ways to cut costs. There are plenty of options for free […]
Tweet As some of you may have seen on Twitter, my arrival in London coincided with the world premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1. This was super exciting, especially since my very first trip to London in summer 2004 was when Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban came out. I […]
Tweet As you may have read in “Making a Living,” I flew to London last weekend for a job interview. I didn’t have a whole lot of time (only 4 days) or money (still saving for Australia), so I had to keep it as cheap as possible. I stayed at my beloved Palmer’s Lodge Hostel in […]
Tweet Lots of things are happening for me right now. I just lost one of my part time jobs (due to ridiculous circumstances, if you ask me), so I’m stressing out about making enough money for my trip to Australia. I’m feeling really down about it, but I have faith that another opportunity will come […]
Who is Caroline in the City?
Caroline Eubanks is the blogger behind Caroline in the City and a freelance writer. This native Atlantan spent four years at university in Charleston before choosing a life of perpetual travel. After a summer volunteering in Thailand and sailing in Croatia, she made the move to spend a year in Australia. It was there she went bungee jumping, scuba diving and even held a koala.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 5 Reasons I’m Leaving the Country to Travel January 16, 2011
- Caroline’s Favorite Things 2013 December 13, 2013
- 24 Things to Do Before Turning 24 July 8, 2011
- Making Travel a Priority in College April 16, 2012
- Flying High Over Kaua’i June 27, 2011
- An Education in Australian Wildlife at Taronga Zoo April 18, 2014
- Tune Hotels: A La Carte Luxury April 17, 2014
- Tasting Melbourne’s Coffee Culture April 15, 2014
- Visiting the Blue Mountains Independently April 10, 2014
- Sleeping Like a Local at Sydney Central YHA April 8, 2014
- Cologne Tourist Attractions / Travel Guide / Tips / Blog: […] Cologne’s Kolsch Experience […]...
- The Guy: I've stayed in a lot of Melbourne hotels and inde...
- Beverley | Pack Your Passport: Aw I never went to any of these places while I was...
- Caroline: Thanks for the correction! My Portuguese spelling ...
- Hayley: I was so one of those school groups you mention at...